Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO - March 19, 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default An Evening with the Eagles @ Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO - March 19, 2018

Here a few videos from last night I found. Last show until this Friday in Nashville. I just feel so bad for Timothy. I know how he feels. Been there last year. He has to be uncomfortable. I know I was very uncomfortable while my ankle was healing. I couldn't a comfortable spot.

Peaceful Easy Feeling. The video quantity is not good of course, but the audio is fine. Will is in this video too and Vince goes to Will. I wonder what they were talking about.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr2GXuToFKw[/ame]

In The City. I still hate this song.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7SMNXDfYXE[/ame]

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO - March 19, 2018

I notice Will playing along to PEF. And Shun, I have just now gotten to where I can listen to In The City again, LOL.

Here’s a review by someone who agrees Vince should be playing more lead guitar.

”Eagles, including a couple of new kids, treat KC crowd to an evening of nostalgia” Kansas City Star, March 20, 2018

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO - March 19, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I notice Will playing along to PEF. And Shun, I have just now gotten to where I can listen to In The City again, LOL.

Here’s a review by someone who agrees Vince should be playing more lead guitar.

”Eagles, including a couple of new kids, treat KC crowd to an evening of nostalgia” Kansas City Star, March 20, 2018
    I'm getting back to liking it, but I still don't like it. I'm soo happy I'm gone back to hearing In The City maybe 5 times a week than 5 times a day. I might be better once I see them in June.

I would had loved to see Don going over to Will and playing together. A good father and son moment. Too bad no pictures of that.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Banned

Don has his father-son moment with Will during Those Shoes. It's very sweet. But I don't think photographers are allowed to shoot that long into the show.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TimBFan - I hope you don't mind, but since this is a review of a specific show, I have moved your post and the accompanying comments to this thread.

I am assuming that it is the KC is the show you were reviewing, but, if not, please let me know and I will get this in the correct thread pronto.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer. I'm confused with the first post. Is it about the KC show?

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm getting back to liking it, but I still don't like it. I'm soo happy I'm gone back to hearing In The City maybe 5 times a week than 5 times a day. I might be better once I see them in June.

I would had loved to see Don going over to Will and playing together. A good father and son moment. Too bad no pictures of that.
    The time they were playing face to face, they were both in the shadows and it would have been hard to get a good picture. I had turned off my cell at that point and didn’t catch the picture in time. I could never have gone on any stage at his age, and thought he appeared to be remarkably calm for a lad so young.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

SBR soundin' tight! Don, Timothy and Vince sound awesome on their verse. (I think it is the 3 of them?!)

It’s 3, but it looks like Steuart is singing too, but I can only hear Don, Timothy and Vince.

Out on the Border

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    So happy for you, TBF! You're going to have a terrific time!
    OMG, what a fantastic evening! The show was so great! There were a couple of odd parts. Glenn announced they were going to do over 3 dozen songs over three hours, but I counted the same songs from setlist.com so 28 in all. And after the last encore Joe was the last to leave the stage and he walked over to pick up the stool Timothy had been sitting, on then threw it down hard. Don’t know what that was about.

But the music was every bit as exciting as I’d dreamed it would be. Timothy did have some difficulty hitting the higher notes and Don seemed to have some hoarseness, but the music was still brilliant. Glenn would have been so proud of his son who did an incredible job and looked so much like his Dad when I last saw the Eagles back in 1980. It was almost like seeing Glenn as a young man and only the rest of us got older. Dons son came onstage for a few songs, mostly staying in the shadows except for one or two songs. At one point Don walked over to him in the shadows and they played facing each other.

Vince Gill was very gracious and appreciative of being included in the tour. He said “It’s such a great feeling to be 61 and totally scared to death”, noting that he’d been a fan from day one and loved the music. I thought he was a great addition with his talents.

One thing I was surprised about was that there was no announcement of “no cameras, no videos” as they had done for the HOTE tour. I got a few pictures and videos that I need to figure out how to upload. We had excellent seats just a few rows up off the floor on Timothy and Vince’s side.

The only bad part of the evening was having three drunk and obnoxious people sitting behind me. One woman spent the first couple of songs screaming into her cell phone, then the two women spent the rest of the evening screaming stupid things to the band at the top of their lungs. And their male companion couldn’t stand up on his own so ge grabbed the back of my chair and in the process put his hands in my hair and pulled it so hard it jerked my neck. I have RA in my neck and spine so that really hurt. My hair had actually been tucked in the back of my jacket so it wasn’t hanging over my chair. None of them knew who the band members even were.

Their staging background was pretty amazing with all the graphics and images.

What a fantastic night I will remember forever!