Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'On the Border' Survivor Game begins on 3/22

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default 'On the Border' Survivor Game begins on 3/22

Hi all - SURPRIZE! Back by popular demand, Soda and I have decided to resume the Survivor games on a trial basis. Although this is short notice, we decided to start an On the Border Survivor tomorrow, 3/22 since it is the anniversary date of the album's 1974 release.

I wanted go ahead and announce this now, but I haven't had dinner and am hungry. So hang tight and I'll be back in a little while to give you more details and guidelines.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: 'On the Border' Survivor Game begins on 3/22

Oh boy! This should be fun.

Stuck on the Border

Well, Dreamer, here I am to give you a big and .

FP!

Okay folks – I want to provide you with some information about the upcoming game. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview. When the game begins tomorrow evening, the opening post will provide all the rules for the game. If you are new, please make sure you read that post carefully and post any questions you have in the game thread before you cast your first vote. This is very important because once you cast a vote, it cannot be changed for any reason. We enforce the rules very strictly, so please make sure you understand everything. If you have any questions before the start of the game, then you can post them in this thread. If you would like to review the detailed rules ahead of time, here is a link to our last Survivor game:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...light=survivor

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

Given some of the current volatility on the board, I want to caution everyone again that the rules will be very strictly enforced. Please stay on topic in the game and be respectful of other member’s opinions. The games can become contentious under ordinary circumstances, so we will not tolerate arguing and criticism about how other’s vote.

And finally reach round of the game begins at 8:00 p.m. EST and lasts 48 hours. All votes for each round must be cast prior to the clock striking 8:00 p.m. on the second day in order to be counted. Unfortunately, our board clock is currently not accurate, so please do not rely on it when casting your vote. I will check this a few times before the start of the game to determine exactly how far off the time is. I will post reminders about this throughout the game so, hopefully, no one will miss the deadline.

Now, time to figure out what songs you will be voting for. Enjoy!

Awesome!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Definitely a great album to do since I feel it’s a good throughout and isn’t too top heavy. Can’t wait

I missed the Survivor Games. I think the last one was when we did Timothy's album.

I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for bringing it back.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've missed them too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Glad to see some excitement about the game.

Just wanted to update every one on the board clock. I've been tracking it today and find that it is consistently running 30 minutes ahead of real time. I'll continue to check it, but if anyone notices anything different, please let me know. Thanks.

Its been like that for a while.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley