Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagle sighting at Grammys

Default Eagle sighting at Grammys

I just wrote the same in the Joe Walsh board, but I thought I'd put it here too. I saw Joe sitting behind Yoko Ono and Ringo Starr at the Grammys a few minutes ago.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Out on the Border

I've been watching the show off and on...when I took a look at the nominees, it seems the Eagles only got one nomination for country rock group...I sure would love to see them win!! Furthermore, Amy Winehouse seems to be nominated in all the big categories, and I think she has already won 2 awards. Forgive me if you're one of her fans, but that junkie is no where near as talented as the Eagles!!! Ditto for Kanye West, Fergie, and Beyonce!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

The Eagles did in fact win the Grammy for Best Country Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocals for How Long. The entire Long Road Out of Eden album is not eligible for consideration until next year because of the release date. Hopefully, it will receive lots of additional Grammys next year.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    The Eagles did in fact win the Grammy for Best Country Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocals for How Long. The entire Long Road Out of Eden album is not eligible for consideration until next year because of the release date. Hopefully, it will receive lots of additional Grammys next year.
    How exciting! I'm so happy for them. Not that I didn't believe you, Dreamer, but I didn't realize that some of the non-televised awards had already been announced; I checked the Grammy site and your happy news was there! Thanks for letting us know, Dreamer!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

I saw this wonderful news in the Joe forum, but I'm just going to repeat my enthusiasm here:

OH MY WORD, THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, EAGLES!!!

AHC, I agree with you regarding those other nominees not being in the same league as the Eagles. There are very few acts in the music world currently who are fit to polish the Eagles' shoes.

Dreamer, thanks for the info. It would seem that I actually have something to look forward to regarding future Grammy Award ceremonies.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Congratulations to the Eagles.

I taped the show since it started at 2 am last night. I'll watch it today.
    As far as I know they never air the acceptance of the country stars, right?

From undercover.com:

Eagles Win First Grammy In 29 Years--by Paul Cashmere

The Eagles have clocked up their 4th ever Grammy Award and their first since 1979.

This year, the band won the Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group for the single 'How Long' from the album, 'Long Road Out Of Eden'. The album was released after the closing date for nominations and won't qualify for a nomination until next year.

The last time they won a Grammy was in 1979 for 'Heartache Tonight'.

In a statement to Undercover, Don Henley said, "This Grammy win is particularly sweet because of the length of time that has passed since we (the Eagles) won our first Grammy in early 1976. I was 28 years old then. I'm 60 now. I always secretly hoped that we could pull off something like this, but I had almost given up. This win feels really good — and it's in a whole different field than we were in before. Now I'm thinking that we might have a good chance to win again next year because the entire album (Long Road Out of Eden) will be eligible then. This year, only the single, "How Long," came out in time to make the nomination process. We're all very grateful to the Academy members and to our loyal fans. It's been quite a ride and it apparently isn't over just yet."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that, DF. However, there is that one little mistake by Mr. Cashmere. This is the band's fifth Grammy win. In all my rush to get this posted last night, I forgot the most important part.

Congratulations Eagles!!!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Five--even better!

Stuck on the Border

That is fantastic. I am so happy for them!