Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagle sighting at Grammys

I was disappointed that the Eagles' win was not even broadcast, but at least I saw Joe twice in the audience.

I'm happy that Don spent time at his son's basketball game. If that's more important to him than being at the Grammy Awards, then I have no qualms about it. Good for you, Don!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

It's too bad the Grammy organizers seem not to know how to upgrade the show.
    I do really not understand why the country categories have never been broadcasted. I always thought it's very popular in the USA.

Country is very popular here...........but hip hop/rap has kind of dominated the airwaves and grammy awards (as well as the american music awards) since the arrival of eminem unfortunately.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Exactly Maleah!

Since the Grammys are SUPPOSED to cover all genres of music, you would think they would broadcast SOME of the awards presentations from ALL genres. And also, have performances from ALL genres. They lean very heavily to the rap/soul music.

It seems that most of the awards shows are more about the performances shown than the awards anymore.

And I agree, Don should have been selected to perform last year, too, but do we know if he was even asked? He may have turned it down. They (Eagles) are known for not doing awards shows.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with you here, Brooke. They may have asked Don to perform last year, but it didn't work out for whatever reason. The guys never made it a regular practice to attend awards shows back in the day (just the parties afterwards). Don and Glenn did both attend the MTV Awards show in 1985. Then, of course, they did perform at the CMAs this past November, so there is hope. Maybe if LROOE gets nominated for a lot of awards next year, they will pleasantly surprise us.

As I was writing this, I was thinking that Tim attended an awards show once to accept an award for the band, but I can't remember any details. Was it the American Music Awards? Anyone remember this?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I don't know if Don was asked to perform, but he was there--he presented the last award of the night, with Scarlett Johansson, to the Dixie Chicks. Seems to me if he was honored at the MusiCares award ceremony on Friday night and he stayed in L.A. to attend the Grammys on Sunday that he definitely could've performed if he had been asked to.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's right. I had forgotten about that! I wonder?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Tim attended the American Music Awards and accepted an award.

I honestly don't think Don wanted to perform at the Grammys. What would he have sung? He didn't have a solo album out. MusiCares gave him the opportunity to perform. The Grammys are normally about current releases.

Nope, FP, that statement doesn't work with me. What do you mean, what would he have sung? Desperado comes immediately to mind, and we could've been spared Rascal Flatts & Carrie Underwood trying to sing Eagles songs. The Grammys always feature a few legendary performers along with the flavor-of-the-months. Heck, this year's 50th Anniversary show was loaded with them.

As the MusiCares honoree, Don should've been asked to perform. Aretha Franklin sang gospel--did she have a new album to promote?

I agree with you, DF. There were plenty of classic acts and Don wouldn't have been out of place if he'd performed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten