Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

[QUOTE=Glennsallnighter;374478]Ive had a miserable Easter with both myself and my poor husband suffering from a rotten dose that I think is bordering on flu - he has slept the most of the last 3 days and I've been suffering since yesterday afternoon. Now the 14 year old is displaying symptoms (- GOD he was the two year old when I first joined the Border!!)

GA, I hope you and your family are all feeling better soon!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Border Rebel

My vote is for James Dean.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks FF
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Are you referring to me? Because it seems like you are. I was the one who talked about Walsh and Felder's chemistry.

I did not know that it was based on album only! I thought, just generally what I like. The thing is, if it is album version based, I don't like any of the songs. Unlike so many here, I like live versions way more than album versions. I love the rawness and differences they make. That is what I meant by chemistry. I knew Walsh wasn't there for the recording of the album (well that is a given). But in the live versions? Obviously many are there with him and those particular performances I absolutely adore!

Soda (or any other moderator), can we vote based on live versions as well, or are we considering album versions only?
    Of what I think I know, you can vote for any song for any reason. There is no right and wrong way to vote. That is why strategic voting is allowed

I'm voting for James Dean. Its an ok song, but the remaining songs are my favorites.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - we are all over the place this round with our votes. I guess this one bears watching.

Thanks UTW and GA. And, yes, to clarify, we are voting on the album versions of these songs. It doesn't have anything to do with strategic voting, it's just to ensure that when we discuss the merits of the songs, we are all judging the same version. I meant to mention this the other day, but I've been too busy with the Easter holiday.

ETA: BTW - Sorry for the confusion, but we have always played the survivor games this way. I didn't think about mentioning it, but with several newbies here, I guess I should have been more specific up front.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 04-02-2018 at 02:46 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Good Day in Hell

This has officially become impossible...I love all of the songs left on here. I vote for James Dean next. I like it the least of the songs left. That said, James Dean was really cool in it's day, I love watching the videos from the 70s, when they were all wearing sunglasses. The lyrics were actually quite clever too. "Along came a Spyder" - if you don't know, James Dean died in a crash of a Porsche Spyder.

Stuck on the Border

James Dean

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sorry to miss last round, but My Man would have been my choice even though I do like the song.

Ga, I hope you and the family are feeling better!

It's going to be tough to pick from now on. I LOVE GDIH! What a rocker! So, I won't be voting for it any time soon. After seeing one of the old videos of it and how Glenn rocked it and how much fun he was having, it's just too cool! Disregard the lyrics!

This time I vote for Ol' 55. It's pretty enough, but kind of boring.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten