Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Ok, I simply can't vote against Ol' 55. I truly love the way Glenn and Don trade vocals/split lyrics and the harmonies are just beautiful. Slide Guitar is gorgeous. This is a cover arrangement that is just plain unforgettable.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-03-2018 at 10:39 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Ok, I simply can't vote against Ol' 55. I truly love the way Glenn and Don trade vocals/split lyrics and the harmonies are just beautiful. Slide Guitar is gorgeous. This is a cover arrangement that is just plain unforgettable.
    I totally agree.

Border Rebel

Ol' 55, but only because voting for The Best Of My Love again will be a wasted vote.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    Ol' 55, but only because voting for The Best Of My Love again will be a wasted vote.
    Not for me. I vote for Best Of My Love too.

GDIH is for me the only song in the Eagles' entire career, with the possible excpetion of Out Of Control, where they approximated the sound of the Rolling Stones and/or Led Zeppelin. I've always loved it.

Okay guys! Sorry for the confusion with different live versions! I will now be voting based on studio versions only.

I unfortunately could not hear the studio version of Good Day in Hell as it is blocked on YouTube and not available anywhere else. But I still like the song very much. I am voting for Best of My Love. While it is beautiful live, the studio version is really, really like a lullaby.

Ol' 55 in contrast, is a beautiful soulful ballad in studio version. I like the lead vocal interplay b/w Henley and Frey! I will admit, Ol'55 is disappointing live and if it was based on any version, I would easily vote Ol'55 off. And as WalshFan says, keep the rockers!!
    The chemistry... nuff said

I vote for Best of My Love as well. I have always thought that if it wasn’t an Eagles song that I would really dislike it, because it’s kind of a snoozefest to me. They do such a beautiful job with it, but I like Good Day in Hell and Ol’ 55 much more, so I can’t vote for either of them.

Stuck on the Border

It doesn't get any easier. This time, I vote for Already Gone even if it means I'll have to eat my lunch all by myself.

The Best of My Love

I hate to do this, but I'm joining Soda and others. I'm going to vote for Good Day In Hell. I always loved Ol' 55 because of the split vocals and I can't vote against Ol' 55, Already Gone or Best Of My Love.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I'll vote for Best of My Love. Although it was the song I listened to when I broke up with my first girlfriend way back in high school, now I prefer the more upbeat songs off that album.