Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Dylan covers a Don solo song

Default Bob Dylan covers a Don solo song

Did a search but didn’t find this posted. Here’s a video of none other than legendary songwriter Bob Dylan covering EOTI. What an honor for Don!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucgB8i9JvdY[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Bob Dylan covers a Don solo song

Thanks for the link, Delilah. Bob Dylan is a songwriting genious, but I have never liked his singing voice. Although, I do believe it is an honor to Don to have Bob perform his song, I think he should leave the singing to Don next time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You’re welcome, Dreamer. I’m not a fan of Dylan’s singing either, he definitely has his own style!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

For Don, it probably was a a big honor to have Bob Dylan sing one of his songs.

Now me. I didn’t like it one bit. I don’t think I lasted a minute before I went to another video. I never liked Bob’s style of singing.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Bob's singing is an acquired taste. One that I've never acquired. He's a brilliant top 10 songwriter of all time, maybe top 5 but I love it when other artists sing his music be it the Byrds, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, etc.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I also do not care for Dylan’s voice. I think recently it’s gotten pretty bad but somehow he made #9 on Rolling Stones top 100 singers list. I have never understood how Don is #87 and Glenn isn’t on the list but Dylan the ninth best

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I also do not care for Dylan’s voice. I think recently it’s gotten pretty bad but somehow he made #9 on Rolling Stones top 100 singers list. I have never understood how Don is #87 and Glenn isn’t on the list but Dylan the ninth best
    Because it's Rolling Stone and they are and always have been totally biased.

Stuck on the Border

When magazines like Rolling Stone talk about Dylan's singing they really mean the mid 60s & early 70s.

I am ploughing a lonely furrow here, as I am the only Dylan fan on this board, but Like A Rolling Stone, Positively Fourth Street, Hurricane, Highway 61 Revisited... say what you like. That is GREAT rock & roll singing. And if you want ballads, try Lay Lady Lay or If You See Me Say Hello, or Tangled Up In Blue for 'story' songs.

I am not interested in hearing him sing EOTI because it is true that his voice is no longer what it was.

Yep FP - I'm afraid I have never been a fan of Dylan's voice even when he was at his best. I just never saw the appeal. That version of EOTI is absolutely awful, IMHO. But, as I said before, I do think he is a brilliant songwriter though.

I went back and I listen to the whole song (or tried). I see why I don't like Bob Dylan. I could barely understand what he was saying and he was pausing too much in between as he sings the song. That really turned me off. And the song sounded off as they played the music.

I agree he's a good songwriter, but I just don't like his way of singing.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley