Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Analysis

Default Re: Photo Analysis

That was so funny Soda.

Wow, Soda, that's very interesting! Right on a few counts and then some not so much. Love how it is split by gender over Deacon, that is too funny. I cannot wait to hear the rest of it!

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Wow, Soda, that's very interesting! Right on a few counts and then some not so much. Love how it is split by gender over Deacon, that is too funny. I cannot wait to hear the rest of it!
    It is like they became their own Stereotypes. This is exactly how debates went in some of my classes.

Professors have a lot of Patience

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I had to laugh at some of the comments. Yikes!! These are some smart college students.

The girls thought Deacon was hot. I agree on that. Poor Deacon. They think he's not talented.

They were right about Joe use to do drugs. I don't know about lots of women. Does 5 marriages count. LOL I like some of the analyzes on Joe. Some of them were spot on.

Did anyone of them know of the band before the picture?

None of them in this class did, although in my second class, one guy knew who they were. He claimed he didn't - guess he'd forgotten that he'd told me he knew who the Eagles were on the first day of class when I'd mentioned I was a fan! He was doing all these hyper-accurate detailed responses and I was just rolling my eyes! More on that later!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

They were right about him being a son of one of the guys, but wrong one.

I have to laugh at this one.

Guys thought Joe was lead guitarist because he was older and more experienced; girls thought Deacon was lead guitarist because he was in the middle of the picture and thus must be more important
    Well they were right about Joe being lead guitarist, but minus Deacon and Vince. He's the baby of the guys born in 1947.

I can't wait to hear what they thought of Don. Now that's going to be very interesting. Kinda afraid to hear their answers. LOL

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

This is the best thing I have ever read on this board! Can't wait to hear more. I was interested in the perception that Joe is holding himself away from the others and could be resentful. I wonder if there's any truth to that? Because I "know" him I would never have gotten that from the photo, but to an objective observer...interesting. And, "he went along with whoever was the leader" - I wonder if Timothy will generate the same perception LOL.

Omg, soda, that's hilarious!

The comments about Deacon and Joe are hilarious. The students were quite perceptive about Joe...the women and drugs in his past, possibly resentful of having to go along with the leader at times. Given his career in the James Gang and as solo artist..which they apparently wouldn’t have known about yet somehow they picked up on it from the picture. I’m not surprised the gals thought Deacon was the “hot” one and that he stood out as the main attraction.

I’m looking forward to the rest of it and who they they think is the lead singer (besides Deacon).

Thank you, Soda!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Haha.

Well, I can say I agree with the guys for the most part.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It makes me wonder though what specifically about Joe indicates that he’s been with a lot of women! Maybe his confident stance.