Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Photo Analysis

Default Re: Photo Analysis

I don’t know about drummers, but I believe bass players tend to have long arms— Randy has them too.

I think having the guitars in the picture were a dead giveaway on who would be the “cool” or “sexy” ones in the band. I wonder now how intentional it was to have the guitars there.

I remember a picture of the guys posing for picture where Bernie is holding a banjo.

ETA: looking at the banner picture posted at the top of the page, an objective viewer would probably say the guys look angry and unhappy.
    Last edited by Delilah; 05-27-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Soda, did the students comment at all on the overall effectiveness of the photo as a publicity spot? Just curious as I know many of the Borderers commented on that. Thanks for posting the results of this fun exercise!
    Yes, and unfortunately, they didn't think it was effective. Overall, the students thought the old couch, the somewhat dingy room, the casual clothes, the casual poses, etc., were all were meant to present a "garage band" type vibe, like these were all regular guys who got together to play. However, they said they didn't really buy it as a garage band. Some were trying a bit too hard to look "bad." They all didn't seem to fit together. It still didn't look natural to them.

However, a lot of the students added comments like "It's not like it really matters what the photo looks like anyway - if you like the music, you'll go to the concert" and "It would probably be effective if you like the band already."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My goodness Soda, that was such an interesting read. I will never look at a picture again without analysing it. Like other people have said the things that stood out for me was the view of Vince - more 'spot on' than one would ever realise. Also the idea that Deacon was there in some way as a result of his Dad. And the rather harsh treatment of Tim - though it was hilarious to think of too.

I think they DO look a bit uneasy in the pic- like they don't fit as well as they'd like to?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I don’t know about drummers, but I believe bass players tend to have long arms— Randy has them too.

I think having the guitars in the picture were a dead giveaway on who would be the “cool” or “sexy” ones in the band. I wonder now how intentional it was to have the guitars there.

I remember a picture of the guys posing for picture where Bernie is holding a banjo.

ETA: looking at the banner picture posted at the top of the page, an objective viewer would probably say the guys look angry and unhappy.
    It's been said Randy's arms were so long, his Mom made his shirts!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............