Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Analysis

Default Re: Photo Analysis

Sorry guys - I got so depressed by Lindsey's firing that I forgot all about posting the results! I will put them together by this weekend.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Sorry guys - I got so depressed by Lindsey's firing that I forgot all about posting the results! I will put them together by this weekend.
    Don’t worry Soda, I totally understand

Perfectly understandable very distressful news. No worries, just enjoy your weekend!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Looking forward to seeing the results Soda. Hope you are feeling a bit less depressed now.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'll get over it. Now that the semester's over I'll get back into the swing of things soon. I have all the student papers still and after my out-of-town visitor leaves in a few days, I will finally post those results!

I'll get over it. Now that the semester's over I'll get back into the swing of things soon. I have all the student papers still and after my out-of-town visitor leaves in a few days, I will finally post those results!
    Cool, thanks Soda. Should be quite interesting!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Soda ! I can't wait for the results.

I know you're a busy person, soda... but any time you want to post the results, we're waiting!

Worth the wait? I hope so!

I have two classes. There is a lot to cover. I'll do my first class and the Joe/Deacon discussion for now, because it was a whole drama within itself!

First, I had them do individual analyses on their own for homework. Then, the next class, I had them get in groups and discuss their findings. I let them choose their own groups. They self-segregated, as is often the case, by gender. I had three groups of guys and two groups of girls. This is from the discussions.

Joe: Girls and guys a bit divided on Joe in some ways! Battle of the guys with guitars...

- Looks the most relaxed and chill about getting his photo taken but maybe is a bit annoyed with the photographer

- Looks like he's had lots of women and probably that's why he got into music

- One group thought he looked British or at least European (?!)

- Looks serious but like he can be snarky too, has an attitude

- Probably does drugs or did drugs at one point - they guessed cocaine

- Guessed he did not get along with the others, looked like he was holding himself apart from the rest a bit, leaning away from them

- Looks like he was not the leader of the group but went along with whoever was but maybe resented it

- Looks like he makes an effort to look cool; guys thought he looked cool; girls did not think he looked cool

- Guys thought he looked fun to hang out with; girls did not

- Guys thought Joe was lead guitarist because he was older and more experienced; girls thought Deacon was lead guitarist because he was in the middle of the picture and thus must be more important

Deacon: It really gets bad between the guys and girls...

- confused as to why he was there, guesses included he was the son or nephew of one of the "old guys"; girls thought he was brought in to appeal to a younger crowd because he was "hot" - which led into a tense but hilarious exchange...

- guy groups: he probably can't play guitar if brought in for looks or because he's related to somebody

- girl groups: he is probably the leader of the band. He is in the middle of the picture not only because he is the sexy one, but also because he is the most important. He is probably not only the lead guitarist but the lead singer, too. The others are just his backing band. He is the fan favorite. In fact, probably the only reason people even want to see the band is because of "the hot one"

- guy groups become enraged by this, lol! heated objections break out across the classroom: "can't believe you think he's talented because he's hot", "they put him in the middle because his dad or uncle or whoever is the boss of the band wants his kid up front"; "he probably doesn't even want to be in a band with these guys but he can't find any younger guys to play with him" one guy huffs "they probably unplug his guitar during shows"; I have to calm the class down. It was too funny.

Before I continued, one guy piped up, "I think he's related to the one in the beige jacket but he idolizes the blonde one and wants to be like him." Everybody starts agreeing, and they start inventing a whole narrative about why this young guy is in the band... I let it continue for a bit before I stop it, just out of curiosity. The narrative they collectively come up with, after a bit, is that Don pressured Deacon to be in the band although Deacon would rather be in his own band with young guys; they can tell from the look on his face that Don is stern and tries to control Deacon but Deacon rebels and looks to Joe as his hero, wants to be like Joe, and since Joe does drugs and womanizes, this causes tension between him and Don.

Obvious, isn't it, how much depends on personal feelings. These kids were obviously projecting their own frustrations about being controlled by their parents, and wanting to rebel against that, onto Deacon.

OK - that's all for now. More later!

I had to laugh at some of the comments. Yikes!! These are some smart college students.

The girls thought Deacon was hot. I agree on that. Poor Deacon. They think he's not talented.

They were right about Joe use to do drugs. I don't know about lots of women. Does 5 marriages count. LOL I like some of the analyzes on Joe. Some of them were spot on.

Did anyone of them know of the band before the picture?

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley