Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Photo Analysis

Default Re: Photo Analysis

Class 1's take on Vince Gill:

Vince

- probably the manager and not in the band, does not fit vibe of band at all
    - looks clueless as to band's lifestyle
    - trying to be cool but not successful, least cool of group
    - probably tells a lot of jokes and wants to be the funny guy
    - not as into music, maybe not as good at it
    - older than the others
    - he seems the friendliest
    - he is just happy to be there, wants to be accepted
    - others do not seem to accept him, he is apart from them
    - he will do what they tell him to do
    - reminds many students of their dad (I think this was why they thought he was so uncool lol!)

Narrative they came up with for Vince when I told them he was not their manager, but in the band:

An accountant, probably with a wife and kids, having a mid-life crisis and joining a band. Maybe he was once cool but became a family man and lost his coolness. Now, he is trying to get it back, but it's not working.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow, a lot of this is spot on. I think his placement, facial expression, and having his hands his pockets played a lot into that. Love this

LOL Poor Vince. They are right about him being the friendliest, he does tell jokes, is happy to be there and wants to be accepted (I wonder if they mean by fans or his band mates)and he probably will do what they tell him since he's the newbie and doesn't want to get on the bad side of Don or Irving. Going through a midlife crisis. LOL

Yikes!!! Older than the other. He's the second to the youngest. I wonder how old they think he is.

Thanks again, Soda.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Don (some carryover from Deacon / Joe bleeds through since they're positive he's Deacon's dad)

- Forceful personality
    - Controlling, he's standing like a drill sergeant, probably leader (or leader's dad, say girls, but tries to control him too)
    - Lords it over people, talks down to them
    - The problem-solver, the decision-maker
    - Stern
    - Intense
    - Trying to look tough / hard / mean, wants to intimidate people, wants people to be scared of him, but it's a front
    - Guys: he insisted his son be in band, trying to promote his son's career, standing in back so his son gets more attention than everybody else
    - Girls: Deacon is the leader with a supportive dad who is behind him because he's less important, positioning shows he's no more important than anyone else
    - Guys: Lead Singer, he stands out without trying
    - Girls: He backs Deacon, does not stand out behind Deacon; plus his pants are too tight (boys agree on the pants, they look "wrong" LOL)

Narrative they came up with:

Don's drill sergeant stance and controlling attitude might come from a past as a motorcycle cop or in the military before getting into music. He wants his son to follow in his footsteps. He is always bossing his son around. He wants everything perfect and expects his son to be perfect, making him feel second-best and inadequate; he's furious that he's trying to be like Joe instead of him, and mad at both Joe and Deacon. Joe ignores Don when Don tells him to stay away from Deacon and Don can't fire Joe because he's too good of a guitar player. Don thinks the way to get his son in line is "tough love" but it's not working because Deacon is also ignoring him. It's causing lots of tensions in the band.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Too funny! They were right on several things, yet pretty far off on others!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Finally, our last analysis from Class 1, and the one that had me rolling....

Tim

- obviously the drummer; look at those arms!
    - very "don't mess with me" vibe
    - a super-angry person
    - very aggressive, hostile
    - mean
    - has a beef with everyone there; hates everybody
    - different from the others, isolated from them
    - not really "there"; doesn't care; shows up because they pay him well to keep him in line

Narrative my class came up with:

Probably ex-convict who has done time for assault, probably used to be part of a biker gang. He's the kind of guy who chops wood for a hobby and keeps the ax handy. He thinks he knows more than everyone there and can't stand to be told what to do by Don; he really resents Don. He often goes into rages because he's easily pissed off. Only Vince can talk him down and keep him under control when he goes into one of these rages and that's the reason they keep Vince around. Sometimes they have to bail him out of jail. He's literally a "mean drummer." In spite of all of this, he is very important to the band and they won't get rid of him.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, they were certainly off on that one!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I know! But I get it. Here's a reminder of the photo:

Oh my. Timothy is the drummer. They are definitely way off with Timothy. Yikes! An ex-convict. Lol Maybe Timothy has a mean side to him we don't know about.

Well. They were spot on with Don. I'm surprised they didn't say what instrument he playing, but he is behind or in the the back.

I'm trying to figure out what makes them think Deacon is Don's son.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

OMG - I Can't stop laughing ! They are so "off" on some things and so "on" on others. The Don, Tim and Vince things crack me up ! So close yet so far !
    However, some of their comments about Joe, Don and Vince were so right on it was amazing. Have they found out who the band is ?