Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Rupp Arena, Lexington KY, 4/10/18

Default An Evening with the Eagles @ Rupp Arena, Lexington KY, 4/10/18

A review of last night’s concert, one of the better ones so far, IMO, not in terms of praising the performances but more in its thoughtful approach.

The reviewer’s description of Deacon’s singing is spot on with how I’ve heard him.
    The young vocalist quickly took the reins of “Take It Easy” by doing just that. His delivery, though distinctly different than that of his father, was confident, convincing and, as was much of the entire concert, refreshingly unforced.
    In addition, Vince’s performances were referred to as “respectful” and his rendition of TITTL as a “stunner.”

Read more here: ”Eagles return to Rupp with new faces, classic songs that still sound great” by Walter Tunis, Kentucky.com, April 11, 2018

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Rupp Arena, Lexington KY, 4/10/18

I just read this as well Delilah, thanks for posting it here! I think of Randy each time they cover TITTL, I hope everyone else does as well!!

I was watching some video clips on Instagram and Don was not on the drums with Hotel California and I think Already Gone too. I was like what the heck. I kid you not. I was like, "Wait. Was this last night?"

I haven't seen any videos on YouTube.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was watching some video clips on Instagram and Don was not on the drums with Hotel California and I think Already Gone too. I was like what the heck. I kid you not. I was like, "Wait. Was this last night?"

I haven't seen any videos on YouTube.
    Maybe his back was problematic last night or he thought it would improve his vocal performance. I hope it’s not a long term issue If it is his back that is causing the problem

Maybe. I don't know. From the videos I've seen (and pictures), he was playing drums on his usual songs, but for some reason he wasn't on those songs.

I hope it was just a one time thing because its just weird to not see him on the drums during Hotel California. I don't know if Scott has ever played drums on Already Gone, but I know he has on HC during Don's solo shows.

DiscoStrangler will probably tell us more about the show soon.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-11-2018 at 03:02 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

ETG— I think of Randy too.

Speaking of, here’s a clip of Take It To the Limit. From the lack of cell phones lights, the security people must have been pretty strict about video recording. Vince gets a lot of applause towards the end.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NUecol1pdFI[/ame]

That is definitely odd about Don not being on drums for HC. Shun, was he still sitting near the drums or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post

That is definitely odd about Don not being on drums for HC. Shun, was he still sitting near the drums or somewhere else?
    He was out front during HC (since it was a short video, I don't know if he moved during the guitar solos) and I think I saw him playing the guitar on AG.

It could be Don is just feeling a little under the weather. He sounds a bit strained on BOML.

Best of My Love —
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e9fm3s5qlMs[/ame]

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

I'm still happy over my free seat upgrade!

Correct, Don didn't play drums during Hotel California. There seemed to be a communication error during the start of Walk Away, which they laughed off.

This was my 3rd show in 6 months and Vince singing Take it to the Limit is better every time I hear it!

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar