Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Alan Frey Interviews with John Beaudin

Default Re: Alan Frey Interviews with John Beaudin

@Groupie -- I think Matt looked more like Glenn as he got older. Alan looks a little like him. They may look more like the Frey side of the family. I'd like to see some pics of Alan when he was younger, though.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it. How sad that these projects will never get finished now.

Is there a picture of Alan Frey anywhere? I'm curious if there is a family resemblance. I've seen a picture of Matt and I didn't think he looked like Glenn at all.

Groupie - If you go back the interviews Shun posted there are pictures of Glenn and I believe Alan in Monday Night Football t-shirts.

Pippin - I agree, I think Matt looks more like Glenn. I saw a picture of Glenn and Alan from the 70's on pinterest. Alan had long blonde hair and looked a little like Glenn. Alan was about 20-22 and Glenn was about 25-27. However, I am not the best at judging people's ages.
    Shun, a big thank You for coming through again with the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it. How sad that these projects will never get finished now.
    Well damn, I guess there goes my dream of a glenn frey bio, its a shame he never really opened up even at the end, really got to admire that type of resolve, never got lured into revealing too much personal or private stuff, even that Detroit 2003 article about his upbringing was only allowed to be published after his passing I believe, him and henley stuck to their guns over their private life pretty well over 40 years never tempted like so many other rockers to tell their whole life story to every interviewer they meet!
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post
    Well damn, I guess there goes my dream of a glenn frey bio, its a shame he never really opened up even at the end, really got to admire that type of resolve, never got lured into revealing too much personal or private stuff, even that Detroit 2003 article about his upbringing was only allowed to be published after his passing I believe, him and henley stuck to their guns over their private life pretty well over 40 years never tempted like so many other rockers to tell their whole life story to every interviewer they meet!
    Really? I've read the 2003 Detroit article...that didn't come out until after his death? I'd love a bio of Glenn, official or not...I love reading biographies and there's so much about Glenn I'd like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for keeping on top of these, shun. Wow - this was the best of them all because it actually had some newsworthy stuff in it.

SPOILER ALERT!!! - Don't read any further if you want to listen to the interview first.

The band contacted Randy about joining the HOTE tour, but Randy didn't get back with them (I'm guessing because of his health issues).

Glenn was definitely planning to extend the HOTE tour before he became ill.

He was working on a play about a Midwestern kid who makes it big in Hollywood - sound familiar ??

He was working on his autobiography (which we already knew); but, Alan says it will probably never be finished now. (I still hold out hope that, one day, what he had written can be released in some format).
    Gosh I wonder why Glenn had wanted to extend the tour. It was already a very long one, and unless they brought back say Randy or Felder I can’t see why. It took a big toll on a lot of them. The autobiography thing saddens me so much

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

My guess, based on their past history, is that they would have taken a long rest after July, 2015, then, perhaps scheduled a few more dates in the fall. After that, the band would have probably had their annual meeting in January, 2016 and decided what they wanted to do from there. There were also rumors before Glenn passed that they were considering some residencies.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    How I wish the play about the boy from the Midwest heading to LA and ultimately becoming a rock and roll star could still be done .... perhaps his family and close friends can make that happen because it is a remarkabe, timeless, inspirational story.
    Quoting Dawn here because I came across this article from online Daily Tribune, a Detroit newspaper. The article is about the Eagles concert there last October, and it features a short interview with Joe Walsh.

Here's the link to the entire article:
    http://www.dailytribune.com/arts-and...reys-home-town

But here's the part that applies to Dawn's quote:
    Meanwhile, the stage musical based on the group’s “Hotel California” album that Frey was helming continues to develop, though Henley notes “that’s going to be a two- or three-year project.”
    Yeah, I don't get that they're talking to Joe, yet all of a sudden Don gets a nod without any notation as to where that piece of information is coming from. But, I thought it was interesting that there was mention of it, at least.

A little concerned that apparently Henley is in charge of it now...? Whatever.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, with Don at the helm 2 or 3 years will probably turn in to 5 or 10 years, if ever since he wasn't all that excited about it in the first place.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I believe the Daily Tribune article was posted awhile back somewhere (in one of the concert threads?). There was another article posted in Don’s press thread where the project was described as being based on the band’s entire catalog but mostly on the HC album.

I agree with Brooke that with Henley spearheading the musical, it could be several years before it is completed. But who else would be better qualified or knowledgeable to handle such an enterprise?

This is probably a topic that should have its own thread.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...