Thread: Michael Avenatti Represented Don and Glenn

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Michael Avenatti Represented Don and Glenn

Disclaimer: I have no intention of talking politics. Having said that, I am really enjoying watching Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for Stormy Daniels, appear on news programs and tweet. He is pretty impressive and is so far ahead of the game. I Googled him tonight, and lo and behold, he represented Don and Glenn in the Felder law suit. I wouldn't think he would violate attorney-client privilege by disclaiming that, so his name must be on court pleadings or they must have mentioned him at some point. Now I like him even more!

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...407-story.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Avenatti

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Avenatti Represented Don and Glenn

He seems very, very aggressive but I suppose that's a virtue in his line of work

Was the Felder lawsuit in 2000? Avenatti was only 29.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - that is young. I didn't know he was Glenn's and Don's attorney in the Felder lawsuit. I know that Daniel Petrocelli represented them. Maybe Avenatti worked alongside Petrocelli on the case. The lawsuit wasn't settled until 2006 or 2007 so he would have been in his mid-30's by then ... but that's still pretty young to be representing such high-profile clients.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yes he did work with Petrocelli, Dreamer - reading between the lines it sounds like he assisted him. Over so many years he probably took on more responsibility.

He just sits there like looking like the Cheshire Cat because he has all of this information in his back pocket and new information coming in to him every day. His strategy of making regular appearances on all of the news channels is unorthodox but fun to watch. I've never seen anything like it from a lawyer.

Very cool! As a lawyer, I would just about fall over to have Don and Glenn as clients. Like, now that we've discussed your lawsuit let's talk about Hotel California...can I have a picture with you two? An autograph?

What a lucky opportunity Mr. Avenatti had as an associate (I assume), though, to have worked with them.

I KNEW I heard that name somewhere before.

I'm not going to get political either but let me just say I think he's doing a GREAT job.

I don't get into legal stuff much or watching trials, court cases, etc but the lawyers that really impressed me as far as just how "good" they were are Jose Baez and Cheney Mason during the Casey Anthony case. Those two, right or wrong, really pulled a rabbit out of a hat to get her off those charges.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I read this article today in The Hill (I don't know what political persuasion it is) where there are questions about who is paying Avenatti. It sure isn't Stormy Daniels. And how did he get access to private banking records?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I read this article today in The Hill (I don't know what political persuasion it is) where there are questions about who is paying Avenatti. It sure isn't Stormy Daniels. And how did he get access to private banking records?

It could be pro bono or perhaps someone has set up a fund to donate to that is paying the legal fees. I have seen it done before numerous times where funds are set up to pay the legal fees. He probably just subpoenaed the records.

Below is a tweet from today regarding who is paying him, with a link to more information. In a prior tweet he said that anyone who has evidence of political groups paying his fees should bring it or "pipe down".

"Who is paying my legal bills? Yet again, here is the answer (in Dropbox). The next time you see a "journalist" ask this same question, please join me in mocking them for their inability to do basic research. #basta"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwmfocdimn...0Fees.pdf?dl=0

$430K thus far in crowd funding

NKIT, I think he is getting records because people are coming out of the woodwork to give him information.