Didn't want to start posting (but I did, oops) without introducing myself here.

Name is Cheryl, I live in Ohio. Really, Ohio is a vortex. All the things you love and/or hate either come from here or will be here eventually. Sometimes you come here to live; sometimes you just get arrested here. I was born here. Can't figure out why I'm still here, but that line comes to mind: "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." I have tried, but all my plans to get out of state have failed for one reason or another. Maybe I'll try again one day.

Been an Eagles fan since... yeah, the beginning. Of course, I was only three years old at the time. No, that's a lie, I was older than three. Old enough to buy records, unless I could talk my Mom into buying them for me.

I'm in the computer business... programmer, systems designer, and part-time cat herder. I also work with a Thoroughbred non-profit based in Kentucky. Really need to think about retiring, but haven't figured out what my third career is going to be. Actually, I know what I want it to be... we shall see if it works out.

Started reading this board about a year ago. Found it when I was looking for photos. Began reading a particular thread Thursday night, got halfway through, then went to the end of the thread and started reading backwards. (It's okay. I'm left-handed, I'm used to doing things backwards and upside down.)

This is a great board, I only wish I'd found it about ten years ago. Still looking for an avatar and signature photo... I'll know it when I see it. Hope to be a decent contributor and looking forward to "talking" to everyone.

Take care,
Cheryl