Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bob Seger To Resume Tour

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Bob Seger To Resume Tour

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    You guys are going to the Columbus show?????!!!!!

Okay, that seals it... I need to get tickets!
    That'll be awesome, Cheryl. Keep us posted when you get a ticket. We can definitely make plans to meet up no matter what. So far, we don't have any plans for Saturday during the day, but I was going to check things out after Christmas. Since you are close by, maybe you can give us some ideas of things to do in the Columbus area. Looking forward to meeting you!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    You guys are going to the Columbus show?????!!!!!

Okay, that seals it... I need to get tickets!
    Please come! I would love to meet you in person!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Saw him in Ft. Wayne 2 weeks ago. Awesome show! He added songs that he took off of the setlist years ago such as "Still The Same" and "Shame On The Moon". He also did a great cover of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young", which included pictures if Glenn, Tom Petty, Aretha Franklin, and more.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very cool, DS! Love Bob and Forever Young is my favorite Dylan song! And I'm sure I would like Bob's version better!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ok, ladies, I know some of you just went to see Bob! Please write up a review! I'm wanting to go see him this fall as he has extended his 'final' tour and would love to hear all about it!

Sorry it took so long to reply! I've come down sick again. It seems I can't travel without coming down with something.

The show was great - definitely worth going to. Everyone was standing and singing along pretty much the whole time. He was really energetic. For me, the highlight of the night was "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" - not only because of the Glenn connection, but because people were literally dancing in the aisles (including me) - it's fantastic live! Other highlights were "Old Time Rock and Roll," "Turn the Page," and "We've Got Tonight."

He mentioned Glenn a few times and during "Forever Young," talked about him when introducing the song and featured him prominently on a slide show with three different photos at the end. Unfortunately, I was sat so far to the side that I couldn't see the back screen, so make sure you get a seat where you can see that as it won't be shown on the side screens necessarily (I had to get up and run to a spot where I could see it).

Most movingly for me, Glenn's "Wild Mountain Thyme" from his Live album was played over the loudspeakers as we exited, so the last thing we heard was his voice, and people cheering him.

I'm so glad I made the trip!

Only one problem: don't buy a T-shirt. They're made from the cheapest material I've ever seen for a concert tee, and the one I bought ripped before I even left the house in it. I'm trying to get it replaced but so far, there's been no reply to my inquiry.

Thanks Soda! I knew you would enjoy it! I sure hope I get to go!

Bummer about your t-shirt though! I've bought many a concert t-shirt that turns out to be too small and I've bought mediums, and I'm usually a size small. The ladies tees especially. Don't they know we aren't skinny teenagers anymore? At least I'm not! Really, the fabric is thin and cut so narrow! Ok, rant over!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Thanks Soda! I knew you would enjoy it! I sure hope I get to go!

Bummer about your t-shirt though! I've bought many a concert t-shirt that turns out to be too small and I've bought mediums, and I'm usually a size small. The ladies tees especially. Don't they know we aren't skinny teenagers anymore? At least I'm not! Really, the fabric is thin and cut so narrow! Ok, rant over!
    Seriously! I was just telling Houston Baby the other day that I have a drawerful of T-shirts from concerts that are hugely unflattering, and that I will never wear. I think the worst one of all is Timothy's white Leap of Faith T-shirt that came with the CD bundle. That one looks absolutely appalling on me. I should sell them but I'm too lazy.

In this case, it actually looked pretty good on me before it ripped, though! That's the saddest thing of all!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, I'm sorry you are under the weather, Soda. I'm glad I made the trip as well, especially after my fiasco in January when I drove all the way to Columbus, OH to see Bob and Soda never made it at all because her flight was cancelled. I ended up eating the tickets when I had to turn around and drive back home the very next morning because of the weather - by far, my most disastrous trip ever. But, enough of that - let's get on to the show ...

I agree with Soda - Bob was awesome and puts his heart and soul into every song. I was amazed at his energy level. His shows are the kind where the audience sings along loudly with most all of the songs. So, if you are one that is bothered by this, I wouldn't recommend you go. However, sometimes Bob just stops and lets the audience sing, so I guess it gives him a bit of a break.

Anyway, I loved the set list. The only song I was expecting him to do that he didn't was Shakedown. However, because of traffic delays getting to the venue, Bob didn't come on stage until 8:45 so I was glad that was the only song that he dropped. The songs that Soda mentioned were highlights for me as well - but I'll also add Shame On the Moon, Hollywood Nights, Night Moves, Still the Same, and my all-time favorite, Against the Wind. They were all just awesome. I was also amazed at the number of musicians Bob has on the stage. He has more than the Eagles. And just as an FYI, Laura Creamer is one of his three girl back-up singers.

And what a true friend Bob was/is to Glenn. He really pays tribute to Glenn in the way he intersperses comments about him throughout the show. I would have loved to hear I Knew You When, but, as we have already mentioned, it was a real treat to hear Wild Mountain Thyme as we exited the arena.

Anyway, it looks as if he is going to schedule more dates for this tour, so for those who want to see him, I would strongly encourage you to go for it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thank you for the reviews, ladies! So glad you had a good time.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you