Thread: GDPR Messages

Default GDPR Messages

Thought this was a funny, kinda different take on the GDPR going into effect tomorrow (I think, or is it Monday?). Been getting tons of "We are updating our terms of service" announcements in email because of it. Have you?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...d6V?li=BBnbcA1

Yep, got one from my Eagles newsletter subscription this morning.

Default Re: GDPR Messages

The one I got from Timothy has the most unflattering photo ever, poor guy! And the one I got from Fleetwood Mac still has Lindsey in the photo (tsk, tsk).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I work in research administration at a major research university (ranked 5th in the country based on annual research dollars received - over $1.1B per year). Because almost every research project involves the exchange of data, I have unfortunately had to take multiple trainings on this over the past several months in preparation. Bottom line - the University of California system (10 campuses) (or any research institution in the US) cannot comply and still perform research. The UC Office of the President is negotiating with "Europe" to get a workable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I work in research administration at a major research university (ranked 5th in the country based on annual research dollars received - over $1.1B per year). Because almost every research project involves the exchange of data, I have unfortunately had to take multiple trainings on this over the past several months in preparation. Bottom line - the University of California system (10 campuses) (or any research institution in the US) cannot comply and still perform research. The UC Office of the President is negotiating with "Europe" to get a workable solution.

So all that training was for naught? Ugh!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten