Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don’s “American Rock'n'Roll” CD set for April 2019 release [Updated]

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don’s “American Rock'n'Roll” CD set for April 2019 release [Updated]

I was just looking at the track list for the album that whitcap posted and noticed that one of the tracks is named 'Hearts on Fire'. I wonder if this is Randy's 'Hearts on Fire' or if it's an original new song - anyone know?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Don’s “American Rock'n'Roll” CD set for April 2019 release [Updated]

Yes, it is! And Don F. is going to sing lead. David Paich from Toto is also playing on it. Should be cool.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Yes, it is! And Don F. is going to sing lead. David Paich from Toto is also playing on it. Should be cool.

I am so looking forward to this. I've always loved this song and it would be great if somehow Randy could do the harmony vocals on it.

If only!! Shoot, he could play acoustic guitar or cowbell, it would still be cool. Maybe Randy could do a walk-on at one of Don's concerts and shake a tambourine.

That is really neat that Don is covering this song.

What a nice surprise! He has so many guest stars already... Randy would be a great addition! But at the very least - in addition to it being a compliment to his talent - Randy will see some $$ from this, since he co-wrote the song.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It is very cool that Don is doing the song - I hope he does it justice. Although no offense is intended, I would be willing to bet that I will prefer Randy's version.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

LOL, that's a given but still a lovely gesture which I'm sure Randy appreciates.

Stuck on the Border

I love the cover of Don's album - very cool. It is nice of him to do "Hearts On Fire". A very nice salute to Randy. I had read that Randy can't sing as his vocal cords were damaged in the chocking accident. Anyone know if this is true.

I’ve heard that but I don’t know if it’s true. Perhaps it’s just speculation.

Here is a review of Don’s new album by Rock and Blues Muse. His daughter Leah sings on one of the tracks and, as already mentioned, there are some top-notch artists and engineers lending their skills to the album.

https://www.rockandbluesmuse.com/201...n-rock-n-roll/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...