Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don’s “American Rock'n'Roll” CD set for April 2019 release [Updated]

Default Re: Don’s “Charmed” CD set for Sept/Oct release

I'm excited for Don's new album. The title track sounds nice. It sounds like he had a lot of guest guitarists, hopefully a lot of guest singers too. I love Don's guitar playing but his voice wears on me. Road To Forever has not aged well in my opinion, and I hope this one ages better. Of course I'll be buying it on CD. I have no problem doing that, even if it becomes something I don't listen to very often. Don is a hero.

On another note:

I really, really wish Felder would stop talking about reaching out to the guys and frankly, talking about the whole firing deal. You burnt that bridge Don when you sued them and wrote a book dragging them through the mud. You can't now expect Don to forget it, and you couldn't have expected Glenn to forget it either. And frankly, after all the turmoil, drama, and division he caused the band, I think even if he didn't sue them or write the book, he wasn't going to be speaking to them again. I think Glenn wanted to distance the Eagles from Felder's drama. The Eagles did the right thing, as much as I once hated to admit it. It reminds me of Sammy Hagar. He wrote a tell all running Eddie Van Halen through the mud and now he wonders why Ed and Alex don't want anything to do with him now. It's either ignorance or arrogance, IMO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I agree, WF. In saying that HE has "let go of bitterness and hate" and that the guys don't respond when he "reaches out", he is only continuing to spread the belief that they are the bad guys. I think that the guys have responded like in any relationship that ended badly; you shift focus, drop them from your thought process, concentrate on your life without them, and move on. It doesn't mean you hate someone just because they do not work well in your life, especially with a couple of failed attempts to do so. You are only wise to avoid such people. (Especially if they write a tell-all and sue you, lol) Don is an excellent talent and would have better spent these last 20 years expanding his horizons rather than clinging to his rear view mirror. I never understood why he never joined another great band or formed his own. I think that working with these artists is a great idea. I hope that this album does well, and that he continues ahead forging his own path.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I started this thread to discuss Don’s new music and I hope we can stay OT. There are plenty of other threads where these other issues have been hashed over and over.

Here is Don’s new single from the upcoming album, also titled “American Rock ‘N’ Roll”:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcn5Y2tLz6M&start_radio=1&list=RDQcn5Y2tLz 6M

In the song he brings up a whole gamut of rock artists from Jimi Hendrix to Green Day but no mention of the Eagles...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Sorry, Delilah. I would not have mentioned it here, except that this was a NEW interview about this album, and he brought it up yet again. I was referring to a topic that he discussed, and did not mean to offend. I am sorry to have gotten off track.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Sorry, Delilah. I would not have mentioned it here, except that this was a NEW interview about this album, and he brought it up yet again. I was referring to a topic that he discussed, and did not mean to offend. I am sorry to have gotten off track.
    Yes, I realize the interview includes Don’s statements toward the end about reaching out to Henley (I’m not convinced Felder is the one who brought it up; more likely he was responding to a reporter’s question). What I have done in the past is post an interview or article in different threads with the relevant quotes. In fact, I’ll do that now so those who want to pursue this can do so in a more topical thread. I appreciate your response, FreyFollower.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I started this thread to discuss Don’s new music and I hope we can stay OT. There are plenty of other threads where these other issues have been hashed over and over.

Here is Don’s new single from the upcoming album, also titled “American Rock ‘N’ Roll”:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcn5Y2tLz6M&start_radio=1&list=RDQcn5Y2tLz 6M

In the song he brings up a whole gamut of rock artists from Jimi Hendrix to Green Day but no mention of the Eagles...
    I totally agree with you Delilah. It seems that some people are only interested in Felder versus Frey topic and not in Don's new work. By the way, he's changed the title of the album and its concept completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I noticed that too. Perhaps he thought it would be too self-referential to mention a band he was in.

Looking at the video it looks like this album is getting a vinyl release, which I was hoping for.

The video also features the track listing (I've included information about a few of the songs from the Rolling Stone article):
    1. American Rock N Roll
    2. Charmed
    3. Falling in Love (a ballad written on piano)
    4. Hearts on Fire
    5. Limelight
    6. Little Latin Lover
    7. Rock You (a duet with Sammy Hagar)
    8. She Just Doesn't Get It
    9. Sun (an acoustic song)
    10. The Way Things Have To Be
    11. You're My World

According to the article this album has a lot of variety which I'm looking forward to.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Stuck on the Border

Well, I should apologize too. I did not mean to get offtrack with the Felder/Frey-Henley debate again. I too was responding to Don's statement about reaching out to Don and Glenn.
    Delilah, I agree that Don probably did not bring the topic up. However, I just wish he would state "no comment". I am sorry if I offended anyone - that was not my intention.

Don seems very happy and content with his life now - happy for him. I hope his cd does well and he continues with his music.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I like the song American Rock N Roll. Even though the vocals are the weak part for me, I think the song is clever and catchy. TBH, I am not a big fan of Airbourne or Road to Forever, so I hope this album gets some love. I wish Don well with it.

On the other hand, I don't see any need for anyone to apologize for commenting about Don's remarks. Unfortunately, whether he brings the topic up or not, as long as he chooses to address it, then he provides fans with ammunition to respond to his comments. I agree, a 'no comment' would seem to be his best response after almost 20 years of this. As long as he comments, the subject will never die. Moving the discussion to another thread to stay on topic here is a good idea, but, no apologies necessary by those who commented here - there was nothing inappropriate about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'll edit the title of the thread to reflect the updated info re: album title and release date.

Love the guitar on the title track!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten