Now this should be interesting. As many of us can see, we are quite divisive when it comes to preferring live or studio. So, in which guise you prefer them in? With the perfection of studio, or raw and real while live? Also tell why you think so! And thanks Delilah for the idea of a new thread!

Now, my opinion is, I prefer them live WAY more than in studio. I am a nitpicker of audio based details. I noticed some very cool nuances they got in live performances, which to me, set them apart from studio versions by quite a lot. They can be so many things. Here are some differences:

1) Witchy Woman with its blues intro, esp. with Walsh and Felder. And they way they end it, SO EPIC!
2) Take It Easy can become quite different when live. I love when it is all electric, which gives it more edge. Another difference is an improvized solo at the end (both by Bernie and Walsh) as well as no banjo while the solo is there (I feel it is not so good)
3) Some songs feel way cooler, rocking and more alive without acoustic guitar when done live, like Earlybird and Certain Kind of Fool
4) Desperado is so much better live (to me again). Henley became much more courageous when singing it, with no hesitancy, and the brief electric guitar added by Felder later on from the One of These Nights tour with Walsh is the cherry on top!
5) Doolin Dalton and reprises have much more depth and connection when done live than in the album. I particularly adore the OOTN tour with Walsh arrangement, where Felder plays a lot of Les Paul, as a rocking substitute for a harmonica. And I really like the slide bridge between the Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise, and it definitely sets the studio and live versions apart.
6) Already Gone, I feel has a marked departure from studio, as Felder adds much more electric guitar than in the song
7) BOML had a lot of variations in some live performances. Sometimes drums were added. An interesting example is 1975 Springfield where Dan Fogelberg plays piano
Hotel California had some variations throughout with pick scraping by both Walsh and Felder (not obviously there in the studio version) and also different notes played. An extra edge is there, due to lead guitars being all electric.
9) You Never Cry Like a Lover has different electric guitar parts compared to studio by Felder.
10) The Long Run in some live versions had some awesome saxophone, which I felt made it way more authentically R&B.
11) In the City has some marked rawness while live
12) King of Hollywood has Felder's guitar being way more clear.

These examples are to show that there are indeed some differences and they are not close to same.

I also like these differences. Made the studio version pale in comparison. Also, I love the general rawness and imperfections occurring in live versions. Basically, the antithesis of why people like studio versions: perfection.

That is what I don't really like too much. I like an imperfect, but brilliant live performance, which the Eagles deliver in spades.

And lastly, I really like the different covers they do live. To me, it is a massive highlight of concerts. I love their Joe Walsh and James Gang covers a lot. They are so good, I personally feel there is something inadequate when he performs his songs solo.

BTW, this is not an attacking post or anything. Just my humble opinion. And sorry for the SUPER LONG paragraph.