Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Maybe if this game had been held in July we could have gotten a little more holiday spirit!

Hey everyone...

Don't make Christmas puppy sad!

SAVE PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'll join the alliance to save PCHFC. With this heat in Mississippi, I need some cold weather.

I vote for Life's Been Good.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I would like to save Please Come Home for Christmas, but there is no way I will vote for Life's Been Good at this point. However, I do think it's time for Get You in the Mood to go now. As I said earlier, it was written when Glenn was still young and thankfully he got a lot better as a songwriter and vocalist. But, I truly believe it is the weakest song remaining and will gladly join a coalition to help eliminate it. So - how about this ...

SAVE PCHFC AND LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!!!

VOTE FOR GET YOU IN THE MOOD!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'll vote Life's Been Good off once PCHFC and Get You in the Mood are off. I personally like bootlegs better than this overdubbed version. To reinstate, I have the 29th July 1980 Santa Monica bootleg, and it I can confirm it. But I feel, compared to the 2 I mentioned earlier, it is a decent listen.

So sorry Soda, the Christmas pup will have to find the door somehow, Life's Been Good!
    The chemistry... nuff said

I forgot Get You In The Mood is still in the game. Darn. I would had voted that one off first than LBG.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I forgot Get You In The Mood is still in the game. Darn. I would had voted that one off first than LBG.
    Strategically, it's better at this point to vote for LBG. Since Dreamer hasn't voted, no one has voted for GYITM yet, whereas 2 other people have voted for LBG, and now 3 people have voted for LBG.

At this point, voting for Life's Been Good will be more effective at saving Please Come Home for Christmas, regardless of your personal preference. Don't split the vote if you want to save Christmas!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

But I hear "Please Come Home For Christmas" all year! Husband has it on his self-created Eagles CD he plays in his vehicle. And at Christmas when it's supposed to be played? He loves hitting the replay button on it.

No puppies will save that song in my mind, sorry soda!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

But there are still plenty of outstanding votes to eliminate Get You in the Mood if folks are interested in forming a coalition.

If folks aren't interested in a coalition, I would personally rather eliminate Please Come Home for Christmas than sacrifice Life's Been Good. That way Life's Been Good and Get You in the Mood can duke it out next round. Personally, I can't believe I actually had to write that last statement - there is no way that Get You in the Mood is in the same caliber as Life's Been Good. JMHO

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I feel like the grinch here, voting off the Christmas song and seeing soda's sad puppy...I actually like PCHFC, I like Henley's bluesy vocal, I just like the rest more and something had to go. I like LBG too much to vote it off this early.
    Last edited by groupie2686; 06-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.

I actually love PCHFC, Henley's vocals are outstanding. I vote Life's Been Good, even though its fun live.