Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

I definitely prefer Get Over It to Hole In The World.

Again, as usual, I think of the Eagles as a guitar band and not a vocal harmony band, so songs like GOI really cement that for me. I don't really care about harmony vocals all that much as a uptempo rock n' roll guy.

I never listen to HOTW. I listen to GOI and SBR fairly often. I think GOI is underrated.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

Again, as usual, I think of the Eagles as a guitar band and not a vocal harmony band, so songs like GOI really cement that for me. I don't really care about harmony vocals all that much as a uptempo rock n' roll guy.

I never listen to HOTW. I listen to GOI and SBR fairly often. I think GOI is underrated.
    It's funny how fans of the same band have such different perspectives. I love the guitar (and let's face it, the Eagles wouldn't be the Eagles without all the great guitar work and solos). Still, the lyrics and the vocals, especially the harmonies, are what matter most to me.

I like and dislike different things about the three remaining songs, but one doesn't really stand out to me over the others, so I'm going to refrain from voting from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

Yeah I concur. I always saw the Eagles as a rock band more than a vocal band. My first few songs I ever listened to are all rockers (Hotel California, Take It Easy and their cover of Joe Walsh's Turn to Stone). In fact, for a rock band, their vocals are better than most! Many other rock bands' vocalists just scream! Those 3 songs I mentioned are what made me think, "they rock!" Only after that I listened to their ballads.

Get Over It is my favorite HFO song, and arguably my favorite of all songs after reunification. I like how all 3 guitarists got a part in it. Felder's part particularly rocks, and those solos easily win over the repetitiveness of HITW (though that has decent vocals) and the fakeness, and fraudulent nature of SBR. I am surprised that no one cares about it tbh (no offence).

Also, slightly off topic, the Seven Bridges Road version I listen to most often is 1980 Long Beach. They sounded so stellar and genuine there. And that high pitch of that bootleg (which is due to an error of the recorder btw) makes the effect more prominent to me for some reason. My favorite version of GOI is the Burbank DVD version.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I am going out to dinner tonight, so I may be a little late getting the results of this round posted. They shouldn't be too late because I have everything ready to post as soon as I get in.

It looks like Hole in the World will go down this time, which is my choice. I am honestly surprised it lasted this long. However, since it doesn't need my vote, I will vote strategically for my next choice ...

I cast my vote for Get Over It.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Yeah I concur. I always saw the Eagles as a rock band more than a vocal band. My first few songs I ever listened to are all rockers (Hotel California, Take It Easy and their cover of Joe Walsh's Turn to Stone). In fact, for a rock band, their vocals are better than most! Many other rock bands' vocalists just scream! Those 3 songs I mentioned are what made me think, "they rock!" Only after that I listened to their ballads.

Get Over It is my favorite HFO song, and arguably my favorite of all songs after reunification. I like how all 3 guitarists got a part in it. Felder's part particularly rocks, and those solos easily win over the repetitiveness of HITW (though that has decent vocals) and the fakeness, and fraudulent nature of SBR. I am surprised that no one cares about it tbh (no offence).

Also, slightly off topic, the Seven Bridges Road version I listen to most often is 1980 Long Beach. They sounded so stellar and genuine there. And that high pitch of that bootleg (which is due to an error of the recorder btw) makes the effect more prominent to me for some reason. My favorite version of GOI is the Burbank DVD version.

I care about it but the other people who expressed concern about it stated that they liked the song more than they were concerned about the fraudulence of it. So it's just you & me, it seems as well as Brooke who voted against it who it bothered the most.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

The next song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is Hole in the World. “Hole in the World” the tribe has spoken and there is a hole in your world tonight. I know you are disappointed about all this fighting over who will be anointed, but remember love is just a state of mind. You won’t be reaching our promised land, so please leave the island immediately. The two finalist may return to camp.

Seven Bridges Road vs. Get Over It

Votes
    Hole in the World – 8
    Seven Bridges Road – 4
    Get Over It – 4

Vote Breakdown
    Hole in the World – scottside
    Hole in the World – sodascouts
    Hole in the World – New Kid In Town
    Hole in the World – YoungEaglesFan
    Hole in the World – WalshFan88
    Hole in the World – Desperada
    Hole in the World – groupie2686
    Hole in the World – My My
    Seven Bridges Road – Freypower
    Seven Bridges Road – cosec3791
    Seven Bridges Road – Brooke
    Seven Bridges Road – shunlvswx
    Get Over It – Delilah
    Get Over It – LovinGlennGirl
    Get Over It – UndertheWire
    Get Over It – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
    Funky New Year 6/15
    All Night Long 6/17
    Please Come Home for Christmas 6/19
    Get You in the Mood 6/21
    Love Will Keep Us Alive 6/23
    One Day at a Time 6/25
    The Girl from Yesterday 6/27
    Life’s Been Good 6/29
    Learn to Be Still 7/1
    Hole in the World 7/3

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all.

Once again...

VOTE FOR THE SONG YOU WANT TO WIN.

Seven Bridges Road vs. Get Over It

Voting for the final round begins now.

Reminder: The board clock is running approximately 35 - 36 minutes ahead of actual time. Votes must continue to be time-stamped by the board clock no later than 8:33 in order to be counted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Get Over It

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Do you really think they didn't even approach Glenn to do his own overdubs? That's the only way he wouldn't have known about it.

If they had insulted Glenn that badly, Felder would have gleefully written about it.
    If they were in a time crunch and Glenn was MIA, I could see it happening esp. if Glenn had already expressed disinterest about it.

Didn’t someone say Felder’s part was also doctored? I don’t think he could have mentioned Glenn’s parts being replaced without also having to mention his part was also faked—if he even knew about it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    the fakeness, and fraudulent nature of SBR. I am surprised that no one cares about it tbh (no offence).
    Actually several of us expressed reservations about it so we do care, but what can we do? I certainly don’t go out of my way to listen to this version anymore. However, I still believe the song to be better than many of the other candidates, plus it was a “new” song back when I bought my first Eagles album, so it holds some sentimental value for me. If SBR were going up against higher-caliber songs, then my vote would be different. It’s regrettable so much studio doctoring went on esp. b/c it probably wasn’t even necessary.

My vote goes to Seven Bridges Road for the win.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

My vote goes to SBR. This song is so iconic in terms of just establishing the band’s harmonies. It’s doctored but it is largely authentic. You can just lesson to the first seconds of it and it is just gorgeous. Get over it is a good song, but It doesn’t stick with me as well. SBR is just so Eagles and thus takes my vote

My vote goes to Get Over It for the win. Only thing to vote for here. The other is a pseudo-live track overdubbed to a large extent. Get Over It on the other hand is a genuine recording with no shady stuff behind it. Not to mention that GOI is Eagles written and it is ROCKING!!
    Last edited by cosec3791; 07-05-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    The chemistry... nuff said