Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Life's Been Good

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I did not know that! How interesting. However, at that time, it was not presented as commercially released Eagles song like "One Day at a Time" was, since Joe was about to release it as a solo track. It was performed much like "Help Me Thru the Night" and "Turn to Stone" were with the Eagles. On the other hand, "One Day at a Time" was explicitly promoted as a new Eagles song in order to help sell copies of Farewell 1.
    Understood for One Day at a Time. As for LBG, it was performed in the Hotel California Tour regularly in the USA. They did not do it for foreign venues though. It was apparently done at the Capital Center, Knoxville, Alpine Valley Music Theater, amongst others. Always close to the encore.
    The chemistry... nuff said

I don't understand the dislike for Learn to Be Still...it's a beautiful song and it has great lyrics that for me at least have been applicable to my own life. It's better than the repetitive Hole in the World.

However, I vote for Life's Been Good

Border Rebel

I like the song too, Groupie. My vote is also for Life's Been Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Glenn does a lovely job singing TGFY and Don adds some really nice harmonies. I’m afraid that isn’t enough to make it a better tune than LBG, though. I just heard someone singing karaoke LBG the other night at a local bar; that’s how popular and well-known this song is even after all these years. It has endured.

My vote goes to The Girl from Yesterday.

This was discussed in one of the 40th Anniversary threads, I believe. The question came up when would it have been overdubbed and by whom?

Yeah indeed TGFY is sung well. But yeah, LBG is better. But I still voted it off due to overdubs.

And about the 40th Anniversary, yes indeed. I'll give an example. So in HC, Joe actually mucks up the first part for his solo, but it was changed in the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I will use your quote to explain why I am voting for Seven Bridges Road.

While I knew the live album was fake & overdubbed, for some reason I thought that 7BR was about the only track which did represent what they sounded like live. (I guess I thought the version of LBG was fairly real too, but it isn't according to you).

Then not long ago I discovered that part of Glenn's vocal has been removed from it & replaced with a second part by Don Henley. It utterly turned me off the song, which I vowed I would never listen to again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCT9dpphUD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMPmdqZNaFA

This is an extreme reaction on my part. I am well aware that this song will probably win this game. But to me it is a fraud. And even if I hadn't found out that information, I was bored with the song anyway. They didn't write it. It isn't what it seems.
    Yesss!!!! Finally somone recognizes my comments! Yes, Eagles Live is such a fraud for a live album! Thanks

And yes, SBR is overdubbed to make it as "perfect" as can be. To use Henley for Frey's parts is just not right. I kinda understand the logistics part and all, but still. What's even worse is that the Santa Monica bootleg which I have contains a brilliant version of SBR as good as the released one. Why couldn't they have used that? The stuff they do...

And for LBG, piano and certain drum fills and guitar parts were changed from what was done. But the best proof is the change in lyrics. The hilarious lyrics of "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's Great" were overdubbed. The normal ones were sung originally.

What Eagles Live basically is is a series of re-recorded album songs. Not really live per se.

So I urge everyone who has to vote:

SAVE GENUINE SONGS!

VOTE OVERDUBBED RECORDINGS!!

With that all being said, now:

I vote for Seven Bridges Road (Steve Young cover)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Interesting stuff here! I didn't know about all this overdubbing!

And I like LTBS too!

I will vote again for Life's Been Good.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Yesss!!!! Finally somone recognizes my comments! Yes, Eagles Live is such a fraud for a live album! Thanks

And yes, SBR is overdubbed to make it as "perfect" as can be. To use Henley for Frey's parts is just not right. I kinda understand the logistics part and all, but still. What's even worse is that the Santa Monica bootleg which I have contains a brilliant version of SBR as good as the released one. Why couldn't they have used that? The stuff they do...

And for LBG, piano and certain drum fills and guitar parts were changed from what was done. But the best proof is the change in lyrics. The hilarious lyrics of "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's Great" were overdubbed. The normal ones were sung originally.

What Eagles Live basically is is a series of re-recorded album songs. Not really live per se.

So I urge everyone who has to vote:

SAVE GENUINE SONGS!

VOTE OVERDUBBED RECORDINGS!!
    I don't wish to flog a dead horse, but those carefully placed audiences reactions in 7BR - are they dubbed too? I am thinking about the one after 'time sweetened honey' & I think there are a couple of others. I always liked Glenn's intro, the way he says 'I hope you like this' & his 'thank you' at the end. But I now find it meaningless. Anyway...

Regarding LTBS it has been very helpful to me as an individual, but I understand the criticism of it.

I vote for Life's Been Good.