Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Seven Bridges Road

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    There is a version from the Long Beach concert on the eagles online central it’s under the featured audio show. After listening to that version and the Seattle one, I’m not particularly bothered because I know that they were still so good live and they were being super picky about small details
    Thanks, I’ll check it out.

My vote goes to Hole in the World. I don’t know how it has lasted this long.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I vote for Hole in the world. Nice harmonies but the rest of the song In my
    Opinion is lacking. In a defense of seven bridges road, only Glenn and Felder’s part have any edits as far as I can tell. Most of Glenn’s part is still his and Felder’s part is just a simple bass part. When the band played this song, the crowd knew how good they were. You can hear other versions, they had stunning harmonies. Just because there was overdubbing, doesn’t mean they weren’t capable of that sound. They were just being extremely perfectionist

Life's Been Good was the best song on this list by far, to me.

I'm keeping my vote for Learn To Be Still.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I vote for Hole in the world. Nice harmonies but the rest of the song In my
    Opinion is lacking. In a defense of seven bridges road, only Glenn and Felder’s part have any edits as far as I can tell. Most of Glenn’s part is still his and Felder’s part is just a simple bass part. When the band played this song, the crowd knew how good they were. You can hear other versions, they had stunning harmonies. Just because there was overdubbing, doesn’t mean they weren’t capable of that sound. They were just being extremely perfectionist
    You miss the point.

The version they chose to release on their official live album is fraudulent. It is not 'live'. If they were so good the overdubs should not have been necessary. If you deliberately take out one of the singer's parts & replace it with another singer, that is wrong & amounts to deception. We are not voting for what the crowd allegedly saw when they played the song live. We are voting for the 'official' version.

I really don't wish to debate the rights & wrongs of it, because I know that most people are not bothered by it. I gave my reasons for why I voted for it, I am entitled to them & I stand by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You miss the point.

The version they chose to release on their official live album is fraudulent. It is not 'live'. If they were so good the overdubs should not have been necessary. If you deliberately take out one of the singer's parts & replace it with another singer, that is wrong & amounts to deception. We are not voting for what the crowd allegedly saw when they played the song live. We are voting for the 'official' version.

I really don't wish to debate the rights & wrongs of it, because I know that most people are not bothered by it. I gave my reasons for why I voted for it, I am entitled to them & I stand by them.
    I didn’t mean to attack your view, I was just offering a defense of seven bridges road. I apologize for it coming off that way

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Are you happy Soda?

Just a little...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You miss the point.

I completely agree with FP in this point. I love 7BR, but this understanding that it has been edited in this way on a live album is quite serious in my opinion. I'm not saying as yet what I'll vote for the win but this is a serious point in the decision making process
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Rebel

I vote for Hole in the World.

Hole in the World