Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles w/ Chris Stapleton @ Minute Maid Park, Houston TX 6-15-18

Default Re: Eagles w/ Chris Stapleton @ Minute Maid Park, Houston TX 6-15-18

It would have been nice if they kept “I Don’t Want to Hear Anymore” on the setlist. I guess if they would play smaller, more intimate venues they could perform deep cuts and more solo material that hard-core fans would appreciate. They could cut down on some of the extra personnel and play some acoustic numbers. I bet that would go over well for fans but probably wouldn’t make much $$.

Here’s a review from the Houston Chronicle with an interesting take on bands that keep touring after losing key members.

Bands continuing on in some form after a key member has passed (Adam Lambert with Queen, John Mayer in Dead and Company, Axl Rose fronting AC/DC) will likely become the norm as time marches on and classic rock's biggest names make their permanent exits. A band's catalog, if sturdy enough, can transcend even the very people who recorded it.

Luckily the Eagles catalog has enough acolytes that there won't be a shortage of players to keep the fire alive. Keeping things in the family, in the case of the Eagles, is a bonus.
    “A revamped Eagles lineup and Chris Stapleton knock the hits out of Minute Maid Park” by Craig Hlavaty, Houston Chronicle, June 16, 2018
    Last edited by Delilah; 06-17-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: date correction

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for the review, Delilah! I will be seeing them Saturday (my second time) I cannot wait!