Thread: Favorite Versions of Eagles LP songs

Default Re: Favorite Versions of Eagles LP songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    I believe it was lap steel and mandolin. But sorry to derail
    No worries.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Well I think for someone like Felder who is such a master on guitar, learning other stringed insturments is a lot easier. He gets the concepts behind it and the way they are played is almost exactly the same as the guitar. So it would just be a matter of learning the differences of some chord shapes and learning what frets play what notes etc.
    Possibly, but don't forget you also get incredibly proficient guitarists like Joe, who I believe struggles with some smaller stringed instruments! I suppose I meant it more from the angle that it was a forced learning process for Felder - I can't imagine he was a free-flowing on it as he was with his guitar, more that he just knew what to do.

Now that someone has mentioned it, I do recall Felder saying in his autobiography that he learnt mandolin on the quick to secure one of his pre-Eagles gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Possibly, but don't forget you also get incredibly proficient guitarists like Joe, who I believe struggles with some smaller stringed instruments! I suppose I meant it more from the angle that it was a forced learning process for Felder - I can't imagine he was a free-flowing on it as he was with his guitar, more that he just knew what to do.

Now that someone has mentioned it, I do recall Felder saying in his autobiography that he learnt mandolin on the quick to secure one of his pre-Eagles gigs.
    Oh totally, he wouldn’t be free flowing and wouldn’t really be great free style for a while. But I’m sure he could pick up parts on it pretty fast.

Interesting points all! But however, I'll admit, I'm kinda bummed that it went SO off topic. Hopefully at least a few more will post their favorites before this thread becomes absolutely dead.
    The chemistry... nuff said