Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2018

Border Rebel

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Nice review, Shun. I think most of us here were almost as excited about you going as you were! Glad you enjoyed the show and got one checked off your bucket list!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

Shun, so happy you were finally able to see the Eagles. I know how much it meant to you. Thanks for the great review.

Thanks so much, Shun! You're always so thorough in everything you post and I loved this review!
    Too bad Timothy is struggling with the high notes on ICTYW, but I guess it was eventually inevitable, given his age.
    So happy you could go and so glad the weather didn't get in your way.
    Take care!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The Eagles did a Fats Domino song?! That’s pretty darn cool. I hope it’s on the YouTubes.

Great job on the review, Shun! I’m glad you got to see them.

Hi Luv! Your guy will always be “young Timothy” to me ♥️

Here’s 2 videos of them playing Walking To New Orleans on instagram. The second one has Timothy singing his verse.

Links:
    https://instagram.com/p/BkSSN05lZEG/

https://instagram.com/p/BkRnKaDnzHD/

Banned

Cool Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA - June 20, 2

You guys always review the performance of the group, but you NEVER review those who are the most important:

The road crew. Particularly the hallowed position of Road Manager.

Yes, the Road Manager is without doubt the pivotal figure holding the entire operation toge---

Ok, OK. I'll shut up now...

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    You guys always review the performance of the group, but you NEVER review those who are the most important:

The road crew. Particularly the hallowed position of Road Manager.

Yes, the Road Manager is without doubt the pivotal figure holding the entire operation toge---

Ok, OK. I'll shut up now...

You might be right, but you're definitely funny!

[QUOTE=NightMistBlue;377793

Hi Luv! Your guy will always be “young Timothy” to me ♥️[/QUOTE]

He'll always be "young Timothy" to me, too, NMB! 💘
    And I like older Timothy quite a bit, too! Hubba hubba!💘

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    The Eagles did a Fats Domino song?! That’s pretty darn cool. I hope it’s on the YouTubes.

Great job on the review, Shun! I’m glad you got to see them.

Hi Luv! Your guy will always be “young Timothy” to me ♥️
    Yes. IT was pretty cool. Its been a long time since I've listening to Walkin' To New Orleans. They did change it up just a little. I wonder who does the arrangements when they don't do their songs.

Speaking of Walkin' To New Orleans. I need to add something. That little thing at the beginning with the strings which was cool. I didn't know what was going on when they were doing that(remembered I haven't heard Walkin' To New Orleans in years). The horns brought out the song. More Cajun New Orleans feel even though the horn was not included on the original. I wonder who did the arrangement on this song.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Great review Shun! I agree with you, the concert was amazing. I've been to other concerts at Smoothie King Center and their sound wasn't always the best. Hard to hear the singer but I'm so thankful that that wasn't the case with the Eagles. I could hear them perfectly. The major thing that stood out to me was how nice Joe's nice looked. Like I'm legitimately jealous of it. He has better hair than I do!
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."