Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

Default What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

With the band recently covering locally based songs on the tour, it made me wonder what songs you would have liked to see them record or even just played live. Are there certain bands you would have liked to see them emulate? Personally I would have been intrigued if they did some Fleetwood Mac materia ( I know that they don’t have any female singers but with Randy’s vocal range they could kinda pull some of that stuff off). I tried looking for another thread for this but couldn’t find one. If it needs to be moved then I apologize in advance

Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

Not possible now, but anyways, you may have known that Elton John performed with them a few times right? In those performances, I wish they would have covered Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting. With the brilliance of piano from Elton, and maybe some electric guitar magic from Walsh and Felder, it would have been awesome!
    The chemistry... nuff said

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    With the band recently covering locally based songs on the tour, it made me wonder what songs you would have liked to see them record or even just played live. Are there certain bands you would have liked to see them emulate? Personally I would have been intrigued if they did some Fleetwood Mac materia ( I know that they don’t have any female singers but with Randy’s vocal range they could kinda pull some of that stuff off). I tried looking for another thread for this but couldn’t find one. If it needs to be moved then I apologize in advance
    What songs have they been covering on tour?

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Idk much about this. I think they covered Tulsa Time, when they were at Tulsa, OK.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    According to Shun, they did Fats Domino's Walking to New Orleans Wednesday night (in NOLA).

I somehow don't think Glenn would have agreed to them covering other songs...(I suppose if he had, they would have done it before). They could have pulled off covers of CSN&Y though.

Border Rebel

They did cover "Sea Cruise" during The Long Run Tour, at least in Indianapolis in June 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I somehow don't think Glenn would have agreed to them covering other songs...(I suppose if he had, they would have done it before). They could have pulled off covers of CSN&Y though.
    Well they did some, like outlaw man, ol’55, and Midnight flyer. And they did some on LROOE. But this is more just hypothetical than anything else

They covered Chuck Berry’s “Oh Carol” in their live shows around ‘76-‘79 I believe.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    They did cover "Sea Cruise" during The Long Run Tour, at least in Indianapolis in June 1980.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan
    Well they did some, like outlaw man, ol’55, and Midnight flyer. And they did some on LROOE. But this is more just hypothetical than anything else
    But those songs were on Eagles albums ("Sea Cruise" was on a Glenn Frey album). I think this discussion is about not-previously-covered songs. (I may be wrong, not the first time.)