Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deacon’s favorite song

Default Re: Deacon’s favorite song

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    I agree. That is not right.

But the thing is, it is not even shocking to me. As a Generation Z child who knows today's pop culture (not completely though) many stars, particularly rappers all engage in smoking and all that, though doing that to a chimpanzee is not funny at all. Also, I wouldn't really be surprised if his rapper friends found it funny. Thank God he is kinda low key, otherwise so tabloid outlets would pound on him with news stories.
    I agree it’s not good to do to a chimpanzee but I don’t think the media would say anything about it. There are many popular artists who have proven records of violence and other terrible things, but yet remain highly popular. This would be nothing compared to some of the things other have done. But I also agree that it seems to be a bit generational as people in his friend group seemed to find it funny.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I agree it’s not good to do to a chimpanzee but I don’t think the media would say anything about it. There are many popular artists who have proven records of violence and other terrible things, but yet remain highly popular. This would be nothing compared to some of the things other have done. But I also agree that it seems to be a bit generational as people in his friend group seemed to find it funny.
    One person commented at first glance it seemed funny until it wasn't.

Another said Lucky Monkey.

All I know is I am personally shocked and upset by what I inadvertently stumbled upon and viewed on someone's public social media account.

For me, this isn't about Deacon Frey or his friends. It's about the animal in the video and his/her rights.

Dawn

PS. Didn't mean to disrupt the thread. My apologies.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    One person commented at first glance it seemed funny until it wasn't.

Another said Lucky Monkey.

All I know is I am personally shocked and upset by what I inadvertently stumbled upon and viewed on someone's public social media account.

For me, this isn't about Deacon Frey or his friends. It's about the animal in the video and his/her rights.

Dawn

PS. Didn't mean to disrupt the thread. My apologies.
    No need to apologize. I can understand being upset by seeing that. It was definitely not appropriate to post

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I beg to disagree with the generational part. What I am trying to say is that in this generation, if he was as famous as Glenn Frey (like as in the "in thing") he would have been hounded by the media. These days, many famous people, particularly more main stream, lose their gigs over drugs, etc, something extremely common back then. And maybe it's just that they're just like what Deacon is.

And also, while they remain popular, they remain popular, nearly every time, for the wrong reasons. They then redeem themselves when they get rid of the aforementioned bad habit.
    The chemistry... nuff said

I beg to disagree with the generational part. What I am trying to say is that in this generation, if he was as famous as Glenn Frey (like as in the "in thing") he would have been hounded by the media. These days, many famous people, particularly more main stream, lose their gigs over drugs, etc, something extremely common back then. And maybe it's just that they're just like what Deacon is.

And also, while they remain popular, they remain popular, nearly every time, for the wrong reasons. They then redeem themselves when they get rid of the aforementioned bad habit.
    I just disagree I guess. There are a few artists who have done some really horrible things that do not compare to posting an inappropriate video but I don’t see the point of continuing this discussion

Agreed, cosec.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

An interesting song choice. Deacon obviously has listened to more than what he has learned for the concerts. I agree that picking a song of his dad would have been a bit obvious. If PMAIAR really IS his favorite song, then that's what his answer to the question should be. You can't help what moves you.
    Last edited by chaim; 07-17-2018 at 03:57 AM.