Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting at Northern Illinois University

Yes, good luck TBSF. It's a shame that instead of making things easier for you, the government seems intent on creating as much difficulty in possible in getting your sons the help they need.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Years ago I took my son's cub scout group to the local police department in our little bitty town. I was surprised to find out that they had a counselor on site 24/7 for mental health emergencies. The problem is, if you aren't aware of it, you can't access it. Who would think of turning to the police instead of a doctor during such a crisis? Although, now that I think about it, if the system is inadequate, having the police declare one incapacitated would put one in a bed.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, tbsf, keep battling for what you need. I wish you the best of luck getting your sons all the help they need.

So, looks who's getting in on health care now!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...thClinics.aspx

Now we can go to Walmart to the doctor!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    We have had several cases in recent years where people have committed suicide in the interim,
    We had that exact thing happen in our little town a couple of years ago - a young girl whose Mom had taken her into our local hospital emergency room only for her to be sent back home for some bs reason or another and that night the poor girl committed suicide. It was so sad. It caused a huge uproar locally with lots of promises made by officials to improve our Mental Health help locally but, of course, we are two years down the road and absolutely nothing has changed. It's really a disgrace.
    Two cases spring to mind over here. In the first a few years ago a young man who had learning issues since his school years and which had been exacerbated by a road accident was refused a place in his local hospital when his mother brought him in feeling that he was a danger to himself and others. The powers that be felt he wasn't 'bad enough' to admit. The following night he killed a teenager and is now in prison as a result. His parents had done their best for him and BOTH had given up their jobs in an effort to provide him with the care and stability which he required.
    In the second case a young mother tried to access service over a weekend to help her depression. When none was forthcoming she drove her car into the sea killing herself and her 2 young daughters.
    These are stories which make the headlines. I'm sure for each of them there many more where parents, children and carers are trying to access a service which is seemingly nonexistant.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourHealth/WalMartExpandingInStoreHealthClinics.aspx

Now we can go to Walmart to the doctor!
    Is there anything you people in the States CAN'T buy in Walmart?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP