Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at AT&T Stadium, Dallas TX- June 23, 2018

Border Desperado

Default Eagles at AT&T Stadium, Dallas TX- June 23, 2018

Tonight's unexpected song was "Deep In The Heart Of Texas".

Default Re: Eagles at AT&T Stadium, Dallas TX- June 23, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Tonight's unexpected song was "Deep In The Heart Of Texas".
    It was kind of hokey but Don seemed to enjoy it. They probably just want to have a little fun and at this stage of the game, why not. I guess they didn’t play it in Houston b/c it’s already played at every Astros home game.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTSFjsL-pQ0[/ame]

(I’m still a little surprised at the selection, though, given there’s dozens of songs about Texas)

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I heard they did The Long Run too.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I heard they did The Long Run too.
    It says that on setlist.com. I would prefer to hear victim of love but I also love the long run

Yep, here’s The Long Run with Deep in the Heart of Texas tacked on. Don said it was a sing-along for the crowd.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iBm9ZMCtVRc[/ame]

I like Timothy’s shirt. The reddish color looks good on him.

Here’s a review that addresses Vince’s presence in the band, one that I have seen expressed before.

Also, Timothy got booed? I got a chuckle over why, though.

“The Eagles were excellent in Arlington, but it didn't feel like an Eagles show” by Kelly Dearmore, guidelive.com, June 24, 2018

Well, I thought the show was totally fabulous!!

I am not the "reviewer" others here are, but I will tell you about the moments that really got to me.

First of all was Take It To The Limit, you could definitely feel the love for Randy's song, it was one of the loudest crowd sung songs there if not the loudest. And of course it brings tears to my eyes every time. Vince did a good job and did his own "high notes" but of course they were nothing like Randy's.

Second moment for me was Ol' 55, when he sang "lady luck" I thought of Randy because of old concert footage when the camera switches over to him for those two words. But this song more than either other made me think of Glenn and the tears started up again. Why this one and not others, I do not know...

When they got to the encores, they left the stage and came back for HC and left the stage and came back for RMW and Desperado. And I then thought oh no, we are not getting anything special, but then they did not leave the stage and the lights didn't come on. And Don said we are getting a little extra tonight... As you now know it was The Long Run and my third moment of the night - when Don got to "kinda bent, but we ain't breakin'" he looked/leaned over to where Glenn would be and they would lean in together in the past, but the spot was empty. That one really got me.

And they closed with Deep In The Heart of Texas where Don said everyone at least knows the chorus. By the way, this is the only song that they put on the jumbotron at the stadium, people were very mad about that. I am sure it was because they did not want everyone filming the concert. Although I did see a lot of camera phones on in the floor section as well as all around. Mine included.

Don's voice sounded a bit strained during some of the songs and I wondered if he had his bowl of lemons nearby as he said he did at one of his solo shows.

Poor Timothy, I felt so bad for him, he was so sincere and said it was his "spinal tap" moment when he said Houston instead of Dallas. (It was actually Arlington, but since the Dallas Cowboys play there, go figure...)

Joe's and Steuart's guitar skills are both amazing. Age has nothing on either of them.

Deacon was great and drew an outstanding round of applause. He is such a handsome kid.

Will Henley was there as well wearing a Sean Lee Dallas Cowboys jersey. He stayed in the shadows all night and it was hard to see his face. I do not recall Don or anyone mentioning his presence, but I could be wrong.

I know I have probably forgotten something I wanted to mention...

Overall it was a great performance and one that I would definitely do again giving the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Well, I thought the show was totally fabulous!!

I am not the "reviewer" others here are, but I will tell you about the moments that really got to me.

First of all was Take It To The Limit, you could definitely feel the love for Randy's song, it was one of the loudest crowd sung songs there if not the loudest. And of course it brings tears to my eyes every time. Vince did a good job and did his own "high notes" but of course they were nothing like Randy's.

Second moment for me was Ol' 55, when he sang "lady luck" I thought of Randy because of old concert footage when the camera switches over to him for those two words. But this song more than either other made me think of Glenn and the tears started up again. Why this one and not others, I do not know...

When they got to the encores, they left the stage and came back for HC and left the stage and came back for RMW and Desperado. And I then thought oh no, we are not getting anything special, but then they did not leave the stage and the lights didn't come on. And Don said we are getting a little extra tonight... As you now know it was The Long Run and my third moment of the night - when Don got to "kinda bent, but we ain't breakin'" he looked/leaned over to where Glenn would be and they would lean in together in the past, but the spot was empty. That one really got me.

And they closed with Deep In The Heart of Texas where Don said everyone at least knows the chorus. By the way, this is the only song that they put on the jumbotron at the stadium, people were very mad about that. I am sure it was because they did not want everyone filming the concert. Although I did see a lot of camera phones on in the floor section as well as all around. Mine included.

Don's voice sounded a bit strained during some of the songs and I wondered if he had his bowl of lemons nearby as he said he did at one of his solo shows.

Poor Timothy, I felt so bad for him, he was so sincere and said it was his "spinal tap" moment when he said Houston instead of Dallas. (It was actually Arlington, but since the Dallas Cowboys play there, go figure...)

Joe's and Steuart's guitar skills are both amazing. Age has nothing on either of them.

Deacon was great and drew an outstanding round of applause. He is such a handsome kid.

Will Henley was there as well wearing a Sean Lee Dallas Cowboys jersey. He stayed in the shadows all night and it was hard to see his face. I do not recall Don or anyone mentioning his presence, but I could be wrong.

I know I have probably forgotten something I wanted to mention...

Overall it was a great performance and one that I would definitely do again giving the chance.
    Thanks for the review ETG. That was the first time they have played The Long Run since Glenn passed so I’m sure Don just instinctively looked over to where Glenn would be. So sad but I’m glad you had a good time

Thanks so much, ETG! Really glad you had a great time and would do it again! 💘
    (Poor Timothy, how embarrassing! But looove him still!! )

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Thanks, YEF and LuvTim!