Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Forth For The Fourth Of July?

Default Re: Going Forth For The Fourth Of July?

I hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day celebrations!

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    A little late for the party ( this thread).
    My Kevin & I were married on July 4th, 1985, so that's what we do every year, celebrate our anniversary. He had to work this year, and it was wicked hot. Our town- Burlington, Vermont-has their fireworks over the water s of Lake Champlain on the 3rd. It was just too hot & humid to go down to the waterfront and watch. But we did see them for a few minutes form the middle of our street.
    really miss watching them in my hometown of Riverside, California. We are trying to get back there, but have to wait for a job offer , I'm a theater mananger/costumer..and after our daughter's wedding , which is August 25th.
    "ANY KIND OF LOVE WITH =OUT PASSION, AIN'T NO KIND OF LOVE AT ALL"
    Hi Martha Jo and a belated Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! And congrats to your daughter in her upcoming nuptials. That is one of my all-time favorite Eagles lyrics.

We watched fireworks over the lake and really enjoyed it. It almost didnít happen b/c it rained off and on throughout the day. It would have been a shame if it was called off as we missed it last year due to being in the middle of moving.

Take it to the limit, one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    A little late for the party ( this thread).
    My Kevin & I were married on July 4th, 1985, so that's what we do every year, celebrate our anniversary. He had to work this year, and it was wicked hot. Our town- Burlington, Vermont-has their fireworks over the water s of Lake Champlain on the 3rd. It was just too hot & humid to go down to the waterfront and watch. But we did see them for a few minutes form the middle of our street.
    really miss watching them in my hometown of Riverside, California. We are trying to get back there, but have to wait for a job offer , I'm a theater mananger/costumer..and after our daughter's wedding , which is August 25th.
    "ANY KIND OF LOVE WITH =OUT PASSION, AIN'T NO KIND OF LOVE AT ALL"

Yes, a happy belated anniversary from me as well! Sounds like you made the best of your 4th. Good luck with the job offer, and as Delilah said, congrats to your daughter.

Delilah - glad to hear you had a fun 4th, too. Mine was uneventful, I'm afraid!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Great stories, Carolyn. The quote is a line from "After the Thrill is Gone". Glenn said in the liner notes that that line is "pure Henley".