Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Default Re: HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Did they actually release the isolated tracks? I thought the band released the cd in 5.1 surround sound, and some fans used this to isolate the vocals themselves. I’m not the most tech-savvy person so maybe I’ve misunderstood (and I don’t have the dvd).

I have the DVD. This is correct, Delilah. In fact, I was wondering was cosec was talking about. It's not like there's an option to play one isolated vocal.

There's a reason no one knew about this before. A fan had to go to the effort of isolating them before we could hear it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Doolin Dalton View Post
    Were there any more published footage of the interviews and backstage times from that era? The one where Don is talking about how they're regular people, falling in an out of love, Joe with the tin foil creation, etc. Any other footage similar to that or when they are in the cars or on the jet are equally as interesting, let me know if you have any leads!
    I would pay good money if there was more footage of this, if they were willing to release it. I am not a fan of reality TV, but it makes me wish they had a reality show back then, with a camera following them around!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have the DVD. This is correct, Delilah. In fact, I was wondering was cosec was talking about. It's not like there's an option to play one isolated vocal.

There's a reason no one knew about this before. A fan had to go to the effort of isolating them before we could hear it.
    Maybe not explicitly, but that speaker setup pretty much separates the voices. What I'm thinking is, no one really cared to analyze further. And the thing is, it is easier to digitally separate it and gain individual voices. In a sense thus, Delilah has a point. Only be analyzing a digital copy, it was confirmed.

Also Soda, I made a few arguments regarding the "lying". Please check them out. Sorry for sounding angry, I really get annoyed about sparse live releases.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I would pay good money if there was more footage of this, if they were willing to release it. I am not a fan of reality TV, but it makes me wish they had a reality show back then, with a camera following them around!
    As I said though, the sad cold truth is, don't expect them to release it.
    The chemistry... nuff said

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I remember , from some interview, Don Henley saying there was footage and photos of them maybe doing & saying things that they just don't want released. (Drugs, sex, rock & roll)
    And ya know what? I totally understand. Maybe they don't want their kids or grand kids to see it. I mean, our kids are adults and there are things we still won't tell them about things we did in the 70's. We definitely would not want to make it public.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    I remember , from some interview, Don Henley saying there was footage and photos of them maybe doing & saying things that they just don't want released. (Drugs, sex, rock & roll)
    And ya know what? I totally understand. Maybe they don't want their kids or grand kids to see it. I mean, our kids are adults and there are things we still won't tell them about things we did in the 70's. We definitely would not want to make it public.

Heck, I wouldn't even want photos and footage released where I look fat, much less doing embarrassing stuff! I can totally get that!

I was talking about interviews, music, concert videos, and non-embarrassing home movies like we see in History of the Eagles.... most especially the music and concert videos (for me at least).

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Yeah , I can see that. I keep searching for photos and some videos of Glenn-especially from the 70's-that I don't already have. But , still. I respect their wishes, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by MarthaJo56; 07-10-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Heck, I wouldn't even want photos and footage released where I look fat, much less doing embarrassing stuff! I can totally get that!

I was talking about interviews, music, concert videos, and non-embarrassing home movies like we see in History of the Eagles.... most especially the music and concert videos (for me at least).
    That's what I would want. They could certainly edit out anything that would be embarrassing.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I would love to see footage of concerts and interviews from then too. However, we should not hold our breath on something being released. Don needs to lighten up, forget the perfection crap and just open that vault we all know is crammed with stuff. So many other groups release stuff all the time.

Fleetwood Mac releases demos, outtakes, and live material and fans eat it up. We love it, in all its imperfections.