Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Posting from Ireland where I'm visiting GlennsAllnighter!

Nothing has changed for me either. No Glenn, no Eagles.

If anything, I feel more validated now that I hear their voices are starting to go. Far from approving, I think Glenn would want them to call it a day if they can't perform at a high level. He had shown in the past that he was able to leave money on the table if he thought it was the right thing to do.

To answer Mary's question, I've always said I'd have had no problem with them doing this under another name. They could experience all the joys of performing together in front of an audience, have all the emotional benefits, involve Deacon and Will, everything they get from this. They would just be making less money from people who only care about seeing a group named the "Eagles" in order to check off that box, and thus wouldn't bother to turn up if the same men called themselves something else.

I'd say in that case, leave Glenn's songs alone, maybe do one as a tribute. Otherwise it comes off like a cover band.
Absolutely. And a subpar cover band at that. There are Eagles tribute bands that sound better than they do now that I'd go to anyday before I'd go see what they are calling the Eagles now. They need to have some dignity left.