Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Report Board Issues and Bugs

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    When I click on the text I wish to edit, the post is deleted.
    Chaim, I bet it is a cache problem with your browser. When the forum came back online, certain things might have gotten switched over (numbers, name resolution, etc) and your browser didn't make the switch and there might be a corrupt cache file in there.

Please share which operating system (Windows, Mac OS) and browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc) you are posting on and I can give you instructions on resetting your browser and clearing the temporary files (cache, cookies, history, etc). It's easiest on Chrome but I can help you with any of them if I know what you are running. And speaking of browsers, you might try a different one. I recommend Chrome or Firefox over Edge/IE. They support more of the newer web technologies and generally have less compatibility issues. Chrome is my favorite but Firefox is good as well. Both are better than the ones that come built in with a Windows computer. Pick one you aren't currently using.

It could also be a DNS server issue. If you are on Windows there is a fairly simple way to clear the DNS cache using the command prompt with a couple commands.

I really don't think it's a server-side issue - but you never know. Usually if it's happening, it's going to happen to everyone and not just single accounts. But Soda knows better about that. I'm not a web developer, I'm just a network geek.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

I use my little Samsung with an android system and my browser is indeed Chrome. Perhaps I'll try to edit a post with my wife's Mac and see what happens.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That sounds like a good idea, chaim. Let us know the outcome.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I use my little Samsung with an android system and my browser is indeed Chrome. Perhaps I'll try to edit a post with my wife's Mac and see what happens.
    If it works on the Mac, there is a way to reset Chrome on the Samsung/Android.

If it doesn't work on the Mac, that's a good indication that it's a server issue.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Creating this post on a Mac to see if I can edit it....

EDIT:

It worked.

I figured as much.

Here's a good article on how to reset Chrome on an Android device.

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...DAndroid&hl=en

When you select a time range - be sure to select "all time" otherwise it won't work.

If it still doesn't work Chrome may need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled from the Google Play Store.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Thanks!

Default Re: Report Board Issues and Bugs

Just want to let everyone know that we are aware of the posting issues on the board. Working on it, but still haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet. Will update this when we have more information.

Hopefully, the board is working better for everyone now. It seems to have been caused by a memory issue in one of the files that had to be corrected.

Thanks, ladies, for doing the work! You are much appreciated!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you