Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Anthology: LEGACY

Default Re: New Anthology: LEGACY

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    No way would I ever describe Don Henley as retarded. Another thing to add to the vault is that when some of us Borderers were at Glenn 's solo shows in Niagara Falls in 2011 there was a notice saying the show was being recorded - I'd so love to see that show released.
    Errr.... isn't a Glenn solo show his property, not in the band's vault?
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    On yeah, I want a video of that tour, too! I only want it all! Lol!
    Seriously, I wish they would realize that fans' desire for these shows is not in seeking perfection, musically or physically, from our heroes. We all get older, we all make mistakes.

But it would be a trip back to wonderful memory, a beautiful song, of a space and time (and a person) that will never come again. We love THEM, would like to see more of THEM, and they just don't get it!
    The sad news is don't expect it though, they wouldn't. They have so much actually, but they will not divulge.

While fans don't, they just do. Particularly Henley. He doesn't care about what the fans want when it comes to live releases. He only wants what he wants. I feel like he only gets satisfied once overdubbing is done.

They get that we want to see them more (the ample bootlegs and vids on YouTube tell it all). They just won't give in. Again, particularly Henley, as he is the only boss in the band.

Definitely don't expect a HFO release anymore. Henley hates that era.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think people don't do full bootlegs as much as they used to. Perhas it's because people are doing YouTube vids instead.
    Some still do that actually. It's just that they are not as common. Particularly audio audience recordings. Go to Guitars101 or sugarmegs and there is a good amount, particularly from the HOTE tour.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Errr.... isn't a Glenn solo show his property, not in the band's vault?
    True but that actually brings up another question. Do the venues ever record for their own purposes? Or is that crazy?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    True but that actually brings up another question. Do the venues ever record for their own purposes? Or is that crazy?
    I wouldn't think the band (particularly Henley) would allow a venue to record them.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Now take what I'm saying with a pinch of salt, but, anyways, my friends talked to some guys who have some rare Eagles stuff (which I won't get to see unfortunately )

Anyways, some interesting things were claimed by those people about the recording of Eagles stuff.

Firstly, it is most probable that almost every member has at least part of the vault personally with them. Joe has a copy of a concert in Michigan. Full pro shot video and soundboard. In fact, he was the one who requested to film, and a certain someone reluctantly agreed.

And actually, Capital Center was a turning point in the way they filmed concerts. You see Soda and Brooke, they actually approved the filming. It was for them. Another one of those "guys" went along with them on almost every tour, and there was so much recorded after 1977 Capital Center. At least 30-40+ concerts were recorded b/w 1977 and 1980. So, yeah they have a lot with Joe and Tim especially. Unfortunately, Bernie fans, this was not so much the case before 77. So, asking for a pre 1976 release will be tough. But then again, any release is tough from the Eagles' side, right?

As for HFO and after; I cannot stress this enough: Every. Single. Damn. Show. Was. Recorded. There would be a 100+ concerts available. And it is for the band as well, besides the screens of course.

So why do I tell these details?
    a. To answer Brooke's and Soda's questions about approving recordings
    b. Further dispelling the lie of Henley, that nothing is in the vault.

This is what probably annoys me the most when it comes to Henley. He claims there is nothing, when clearly there is SO much. At least 10 more available.

So, please, stop rehashing same old-same old, and actually give us something new, please? With a cherry on top?

Then again, they would find some way to overdub those too.

And btw, Soda, that person who told retard, was one of my friends! Unlike the baby boomer and Gen X generations, "retard" is a throwaway term for the millenials and Gen Z youth. So, he actually doesn't mean it in the slightest.

Well, of course, video that they supposedly didn't have magically appeared for the HOTE doc. But there is the unfortunate possibility that the bulk of these other tapings you speak of have been destroyed.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I can totally see them destroying a lot of the newer stuff, just because there's so much of it. Upsetting, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Has anyone actually received their Legacy Albums etc and if so whats the verdict?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP