Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anthology: LEGACY

Default New Anthology: LEGACY

Just announced on the Eagles Facebook page and web site:

https://www.eagles.com/news/297835

Comprehensive 12CD/DVD/Blu-ray Set Spans the Legendary Band’s Career with Seven Studio Albums, Three Live Albums, Singles, B-Sides, and Two Concert Videos

15LP Version Includes the Vinyl Debut of Millennium Concert

Both Versions Will Be Available on November 2

The Eagles created an indelible musical legacy over an extraordinary career that spans more than 40 years and includes six number one albums, more than a dozen Top 40 hits, and six GRAMMY Awards. This fall, LEGACY will bring together all the music that made the Eagles one of the best-selling bands in music history in one extraordinary collection.

Two versions of LEGACY will be available on November 2 and are available for pre-order here. The first has 12 CDs and includes all seven of the band’s studio albums, three live albums, and a compilation of singles and b-sides. It also includes two concert videos: Hell Freezes Over (DVD) and Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (Blu-ray).

A vinyl version of LEGACY will also be available the same day. It has all the music from the CDs on 15 LPs, but none of the videos. Both sets are housed in handsome slipcases and accompanied by a 54-page hardbound book that’s filled with rare and unseen photos, memorabilia, and artwork that encompasses the band’s entire career.

A limited number of exclusive Eagles LEGACY T-Shirt bundles are also available for pre-order in the official online store.

Grammy-winning mastering engineer Bob Ludwig remastered Hell Freezes Over and Millennium Concert especially for LEGACY. Both albums – along with several tracks from the Singles and B-Sidescompilation – are being released on vinyl for the first time ever as part of this collection, save for a small European vinyl pressing of Hell Freezes Over around its original release in 1994. In addition, the phenomenal double-album Eagles Live is making its long-awaited return to vinyl in this set after being out-of-print for decades.

LEGACY follows the Eagles through the different stage of the band’s storied career, from the country-rock of early albums like Desperado and the superstar success of Hotel California, to the band’s 1994 reunion Hell Freezes Over and its most-recent studio album, 2005’s Long Road Out of Eden. All of the band’s hits, deep cuts and fan favorites are here, including “Take It Easy,” “Already Gone,” “Hotel California,” “Please Come Home For Christmas,” “Heartbreak Tonight” “No More Cloudy Days,” and “Get Over It.”

LEGACY
    CD/DVD/Blu-ray Listing

Eagles (1972)
    Desperado (1973)
    On The Border (1974)
    One of These Nights (1975)
    Hotel California (1976)
    The Long Run (1979)
    Eagles Live (1980)
    Hell Freezes Over (1994)
    Millennium Concert (2000)
    Long Road Out of Eden (2007)
    Single and B-Sides (2018 )
    1. “Take It Easy” (Single Version)
    2. “Get You In The Mood” (Non-LP B Side)
    3. “Outlaw Man” (Single Version)
    4. “Best Of My Love” (Single Version)
    5. “One Of These Nights” (Single Edit)
    6. “Lyin’ Eyes” (Single Edit)
    7. “Take It To The Limit” (Single Edit)
    8. “Please Come Home For Christmas”
    9. “Funky New Year”
    10. “Hole In The World”

DVD: Hell Freezes Over (1994)
    Blu-ray: Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (2005)

LEGACY
    LP Listing

Eagles (1972)
    Desperado (1973)
    On The Border (1974)
    One of These Nights (1975)
    Hotel California (1976)
    The Long Run (1979)
    Eagles Live – Double LP (1980)
    Hell Freezes Over – Double LP (1994)
    Millennium Concert – Double LP (2000)
    Long Road Out of Eden – Double LP (2007)
    Single and B-Sides (2018 )

Default Re: New Anthology: LEGACY

I would love to have the t-shirt, but I'm not buying $200 worth of items I already have just to get a t-shirt. Maybe they'll offer that separately later. (Ha! I can dream...)

Border Rebel

Wow! The only song I don't have on cd is "Get You In The Mood." What colossal disappointment.....and money grab!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yip, same here. I don't need what I already have. I would like to have the 'rare and unseen photos, memorabilia, and artwork', but not for that kind of money.

The Rolling Stones just announced a release of an old tour.
    https://wror.com/2018/09/25/trailer-new-rolling-stones-release-voodoo-lounge-uncut/

Something like that from the Eagles would be so cool! But alas, they don't have a vault! Right!
    Last edited by Brooke; 09-26-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Is either version of Hell Freezes Over and the Millennium Concert the same as their original releases, or are these renditions of the full concerts for the first time?

Stuck on the Border

This is JMHO, but I think this is such a rip off. Most people have all of this already. If they REALLY wanted to release something, why not release a dvd/cd of the HOTE Tour and maybe the second night of HFO ( which I think is better than the first).

I think this is all the same of what they have released before. If I want a t-shirt I'll go to their site and pay $25-$40. Boy they never cease to try and gouge money from people.

Okay, there is no mention of it in the text, but the picture on the Eagles web site shows a book.

https://eagles.com/store/product/eag...lusive-t-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic34 View Post
    Is either version of Hell Freezes Over and the Millennium Concert the same as their original releases, or are these renditions of the full concerts for the first time?
    They are the same as the original releases.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

To sum up: This has all been released before with the exception of Disc 12 and whatever photos and such are in the book that comes with it.

Disc 12 is the one with the Singles and B-Sides. Per the description:
    1. “Take It Easy” (Single Version)
    2. “Get You In The Mood” (Non-LP B Side)
    3. “Outlaw Man” (Single Version)
    4. “Best Of My Love” (Single Version)
    5. “One Of These Nights” (Single Edit)
    6. “Lyin’ Eyes” (Single Edit)
    7. “Take It To The Limit” (Single Edit)
    8. “Please Come Home For Christmas”
    9. “Funky New Year”
    10. “Hole In The World”

Now, "Please Come Home for Christmas" and "Hole in the World" have been released before on collections, but the single edits, "Funky New Year," and "Get You In the Mood" haven't been released before on CD (unless you count their special "Eagles Catalog" box set, which contains a cool "CD single" of PCHFC/FNY).

If I get it, and I probably will because I'm a completist, I'll get the bundle with the T-shirt.

(Yeah, I'll suck it up and deal with "Wonderful Union.")

A note about pre-ordering with Amazon: It is a risk. They are unreliable. If you're buying from Amazon, you're better off waiting until the day of release, IMHO.

I'll probably ask for it for Christmas from my parents. It's a bit pricey for me now!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    A note about pre-orders: pre-ordering with Amazon is a risk. If you're buying from them, you're better off waiting until the day of release, IMHO.
    Yes, I second this (from experience).