Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anthology: LEGACY

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: New Anthology: LEGACY

No way would I ever describe Don Henley as retarded. Another thing to add to the vault is that when some of us Borderers were at Glenn 's solo shows in Niagara Falls in 2011 there was a notice saying the show was being recorded - I'd so love to see that show released.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh my gosh, yes. I wonder what ever happened to that?

As for all those HOTE recordings they did every night of that tour - I wonder if they didn't like how they looked? I couldn't help but notice they didn't have any clips from it in the documentary, even when they were talking about it. They just kept showing Farewll 1 era.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

To have a video from those Niagra Falls shows would be a dream! And maybe more likely than a release of HOTE videos since all the other guys don't have a vote on it.
    I was thinking the HOTE tour was done after the HOTE movie was released. But whatever, I want one of those videos, too!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

I thought the movie was filmed in 2012, before the tour started in 2013. Soda, that could be true for the last year of shows. From pictures I have seen here as well as other sites, I always thought Glenn did not look good - you could tell from the pictures his health was declining. If you look at him in 2012 in the film, and photos from the tour from late 2014 to 2015, the contrast is shocking. However, they still have all the shows from 2013 that were filmed.
    And FF, a video of the Niagra shows would be awesome.

Oops, my mistake! I meant the LROOE tour. You are both quite right that the HOTE documentary preceded its tour!

I personally thought they looked fine during that tour, but they may have disagreed.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I would even love to have a DVD of the LROOE tour (but only after they ditched those funeral suits lol). However, I would much prefer one of the HOTE tour, especially if they included footage from the LA Forum show where they also added How Long and 7BR to the setlist. I agree that Glenn had aged some in the HOTE's tour, but he still looked good especially in the early part of the tour. I haven't given up hope that some day we'll get something.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

On yeah, I want a video of that tour, too! I only want it all! Lol!
    Seriously, I wish they would realize that fans' desire for these shows is not in seeking perfection, musically or physically, from our heroes. We all get older, we all make mistakes.

But it would be a trip back to wonderful memory, a beautiful song, of a space and time (and a person) that will never come again. We love THEM, would like to see more of THEM, and they just don't get it!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

There's a bootleg of the Madison Square Garden show from LROOE out there somewhere, I think I bought it off a third party site way back. Can't imagine that the graphics are great though by today's standards
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I think people don't do full bootlegs as much as they used to. Perhas it's because people are doing YouTube vids instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    On yeah, I want a video of that tour, too! I only want it all! Lol!
    Seriously, I wish they would realize that fans' desire for these shows is not in seeking perfection, musically or physically, from our heroes. We all get older, we all make mistakes.

But it would be a trip back to wonderful memory, a beautiful song, of a space and time (and a person) that will never come again. We love THEM, would like to see more of THEM, and they just don't get it!
    I agree! I'm sure that many of their "mistakes" that would prevent them from releasing this stuff would not even be caught by most fans. I don't care if one note was out of place, I still want to see it!