Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: New Anthology: LEGACY

Default Re: New Anthology: LEGACY

My pandora has started to play tracks from this. It played a radio edit of Best of My Love yesterday - I didn't know there even was a radio edit. It cut the middle of the song out, quite abruptly, like it skipped or something. It sounded awful. I thought they didn't do radio edits?? (I wasn't born yet when BOML came out, so I don't know if this was ever on the radio!)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    My pandora has started to play tracks from this. It played a radio edit of Best of My Love yesterday - I didn't know there even was a radio edit. It cut the middle of the song out, quite abruptly, like it skipped or something. It sounded awful. I thought they didn't do radio edits?? (I wasn't born yet when BOML came out, so I don't know if this was ever on the radio!)

Yes, a few of their songs were edited for AM radio back in the 70's. I know they edited LE too. The one song they did not edit for AM radio play was HC. If I remember right, BOML was edited without their consent. Irving sent Asylum a record cut up and a note about the edit if I remember right.

Can anyone who has bought this tell us about what you think - especially in terms of the booklet?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm beginning to suspect none of us hardcores have gotten it yet, because we already own everything.

I personally have put it on my Christmas list.

I would love to get it since I only have HFO and LROOE. I need a new copy of Farewell 1. One of the DVDs is scratched and not fun to watch when it was skipping a lot. I copied my VHS version of HFO to DVD. So I want a DVD version.

I don't have the money to buy the boxset. Maybe down the line. I still want the HC boxset. That's on my list too.

I want the picture book. A lady online did a video showing us the pictures in the book. The book was great. Their were a lot of pictures I've never seen before.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-29-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I would love to get it since I only have HFO and LROOE. I need a new copy of Farewell 1. One of the DVDs is scratched and not fun to watch when it was skipping a lot. I copied my VHS version of HFO DVD to DVD. So I want a DVD version.

I don't have the money to buy the boxset. Maybe down the line. I still want HC boxset. That on my list too.

I want the picture book. A lady online did a video showing us the pictures in the book. The book was great. It was a lot of pictures I've never seen before.
    Thanks for the info. The only people who will spend that kind of money on a gift for me will be my parents, and they will have difficulty ordering off the Eagles site because they are a bit older and less familiar with things like having to make accounts to order things off sites (I want the T-shirt package), so things aren't looking good for me right now. lol

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well good luck, Soda. Hopefully, your parents will come through for you. If not now, I'm sure you'll be able to get it eventually.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I was hoping the EAGLES website would have their annual Christmas 20% off sale so I could the Legacy set. However this year they only had free shipping and free On the Border poster. Amazingly Wonderful Union did a great job this time. No problems with the check out process and they delivered within a week and the items were very well packaged. I was expecting the poster to be a total wreck but no bends or creases were found.

I will be waiting to purchase the Legacy set too.

Glad to hear that, HB! Maybe they are learning from past mistakes!

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Can anyone who has bought this tell us about what you think - especially in terms of the booklet?
    I pre-ordered the vinyl set. It’s nice to have fresh new pressings of the studio albums, some of mine were getting a little tired. The booklet is great, imo! High quality, as is the rest of the set. It has some pictures of old merch and concert posters. Pictures cover all eras, even a page of HOTE tour. It goes great with my HC 40th anniversary book!
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along