Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: New Anthology: LEGACY

Default Re: New Anthology: LEGACY

I received this email from the official Eagles story today:

Now through December 21st, get 20% off storewide and $10 flat rate shipping in the Eagles Official Store.
    Order by December 20th at 3 p.m. PST to receive by December 24th.
    *20% discount offer good through 11:59 PM EST on Friday, December 21st. Discount may not be applied to past orders.
    *$10 flat rate shipping offer good through noon EST on Friday, December 21st.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I just ordered it and everything went smoothly. I did have an instance a few years back with the 20% off and it would not apply the discount.
    This time it automatically applied the 20% off and also the $10.00 shipping. However there is a processing fee of about $5.00.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I forgot to mention that the cd set is in stock however the vinyl sets are on backorder and expected to ship in early 2019.

Thank you for the heads-up. 20% off is a pretty good deal!

I wonder why they end the deal so early, though? At least run it through Christmas!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

So as I said in the review thread, I now have Legacy! Merry Christmas! I got the package with the shirt.

My thoughts:

Pros

- I really like the disc of single versions and B-sides. This disc is the biggest plus.
    Note: I said this in the Christmas post, but Don was right to be ticked off about that single edit of "Best of My Love" - it really was poorly done. Perhaps if I wasn't so well-acquainted with the original, I wouldn't notice that after "I guess that wasn't enough, oh-hoh-woah, but..." they unceremoniously remove "here in my heart, I give you the best of my love."

In the end, though, it's really cool to have different versions of the songs we love, regardless of which we find preferable.

- The booklet has some great photos, of which you've already had a little taste. It's nice and thick. The booklet is the second biggest plus.
    The CD one is, of course, much smaller than the LP one. I took a quick photo of one of the pages - one I particularly liked - so you could get an idea of the size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4rn3l9d6fmwru3/20190101150530_IMG_0021.JPG?dl=0

A quick correction on the photos: the newest ones are from 2010, not the History of the Eagles tour. They're from the tourbook for that summer leg they did to wind up the Long Road Out of Eden tour (the one where they played the shorter set, with the Dixie Chicks and occasionally Keith Urban as opening acts).

- The black, red, and gray color schemes and designs of the interior covers are nicely done.

- If you add up the price of everything individually and compare, it really is a good deal.

Ambivalent

- A lot of these say they are remastered, but I can't tell any difference. However, I am listening to them on a cheap machine, so... anyone who has this and can hear a difference, please speak up.

Cons

- The holders for the CD version are cheaply made.
    As I mentioned in the Christmas thread, the binding of mine fell apart right out of the box:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3xpae7e37...13851.jpg?dl=0

I was going to return it, but the discs are ok, and I realized that with the cheap way it's made, this binding will inevitably fall apart with usage anyway. If this one can't take the strain of eight cardstock discs simply being thumbed through, how long before the next one falls apart when it's jiggled as I slide the discs in and out? It's just that it's happened right away as opposed to later on. I'm going to try to use some regular glue to repair it - I'll let you know how that goes. I just hope that since the other book only holds six discs, it will be able to handle the load. I'm certainly being VERY ginger with it.

- This is not for people who want any sort of album individuality in terms of looks.
    While the swirly patterns on the cardstock holders hold some interest, they are not individualized for the albums and all the discs themselves look the same: solid deep red with EAGLES LEGACY in big writing at the top, then in smaller writing on the bottom half you have the album name, producers' names, and record company logos / copyright / legal info.

- For those getting the package, the shirt design is cool, but unusually long.
    I got a medium. Here's where it falls on me without even being pulled down all the way, and I'm 5'5'':

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w67vcxjyf8..._0017.JPG?dl=0

To be fair, for taller people, it won't be a problem. I guess this is more a guy's shirt. It's also possible other sizes hang differently.

Overall

It's a good buy if you don't have a lot of the collection already. The "few frills" aspect saves you money.

If you do have a lot of the collection already and you want to buy it because you're a completist, perhaps get the LP version if you can afford it. It has a bigger booklet which makes the photos more enjoyable, and there won't be all these CD holder issues. Then again, I guess if you are a completist who already has all of the CDs, you won't be getting the discs in and out that much anyway!

If you have just about everything and don't care about the cool booklet, just get the digital download of the singles/B-sides disc on Amazon for ten bucks, because I think that's definitely worth the money: https://www.amazon.com/Singles-B-Sid...QTWHZQ31QHFPHW (I wonder if they give you a smidge of album art with the download? If anyone buys it, let us know). That's only available as an MP3 album, though. If you want it on CD, you have to buy the whole shebang. They know their audience.

Any questions?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the detailed recap, Soda. It is very helpful. I know I sure am enjoying the "new" photos you are posting.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the detailed recap, Soda. It is very helpful. I know I sure am enjoying the "new" photos you are posting.
    Thanks, but the only photos I'm posting from the booklet are the ones on the "sample" page above. I don't want to spoil anything by scanning in all the photos.

Those photos in Glenn's thread are from Houston Baby's collection.

Glad you found my review helpful!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I lost out on not getting the t-shirt as it only seemed to come wth releases from the official store. If anyone sees them on eBay etc will you let me know and I can try for it!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I lost out on not getting the t-shirt as it only seemed to come wth releases from the official store. If anyone sees them on eBay etc will you let me know and I can try for it!!
    I will, but it's kind of ill-fitting, IMHO.

Let me say that I think that the title, "LEGACY", fit this set perfectly since we got everything that the band has released LP/CD/DVD/Blu-ray wise!!! Smart move on their record company's part, although, I think I'll ask my Dad if he'll let me have the studio albums box set back since this new set doesn't have the replicas of the album art & such!

In a couple of days, I'll be able to listen to The Eagles again when I get a 2-way audio splitter from Amazon that will allow me to play both of my 300-CD changers! The first thing I'm going to play is "Try & Love Again"! LOL! I don't know what it is about that song that I absolutely adore but.....I can't seem to get it out of my head!!!

Also, I have a question about The Eagles performance from March 23, 1977 - Capitol Center - Largo, MD: Is the full concert available anywhere besides YouTube? I will admit that I did download the one from YT but.....it would be nice to have an actual physical copy of that performance.

Any info from any of ya'll is very appreciated!!!
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 02-12-2019 at 12:40 PM.