Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Henley Song Survivor: Actual Miles

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'll cast my vote for 'You Don't know Me At All' for this round
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I vote for You Don't Know Me At All.

Well, now it's the principle of the thing with me. I'm casting my vote for New York Minute even though it's obviously not going to be voted off this round (unless I can rally a whole bunch of people to vote in these waning minutes...c'mon everybody!). I know, I know, I'm just being stubborn, but darn't my vote will be heard! And eventually, I'll be voting with the majority and not the minority (of one!) when you guys start voting for NYM. I mean, it's got to happen soon, doesn't it??
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

I just realized that the vote doesn't end until tomorrow night - wishful thinking on my part that this was Wednesday night and not Tuesday night! So, now I have time to rally some people around me and vote NYM off. Please?? Anyone??

I know you have consistently voted against it every time, Katherine, but I don't think you have told us why. What is it about New York Minute that you dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I know you have consistently voted against it every time, Katherine, but I don't think you have told us why. What is it about New York Minute that you dislike?
    I don't necessarily dislike it, but it is definitely my least favorite of the songs on the CD. I can't pinpoint anything specific that makes it my least favorite. And it's certainly not my least favorite song by Don overall - just on this CD. It's the equivalent of Witchy Woman on Their Greatest Hits. They are both songs that I wouldn't miss if they weren't on the CDs, but curiously, I still sing along to whenever I hear them. I guess that says a lot about the Eagles and Don. Even my least favorite songs by them are still enjoyable enough for me to listen to and sing along with. Hell, this is coming from someone who really likes The Disco Strangler!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I thought I voted earlier today, but now I remember I kept getting a "critical error" and finally gave up.

Anyway, I'm wondering why everyone likes IWNGQ better than YDKMAA? The beginning of IWNGQ just grates at me and I want to skip it before it really even gets started!

That's my vote-I Will Not Go Quietly.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I vote for You Don't Know Me At All

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    I can't pinpoint anything specific that makes it my least favorite.
    Some songs just hit you that way. That is the way I feel about Last Worthless Evening. There is nothing really wrong with it, it just isn't a favorite.

I guess that says a lot about the Eagles and Don. Even my least favorite songs by them are still enjoyable enough for me to listen to and sing along with.
    I know just what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I can't pinpoint anything specific that makes it my least favorite.
    Some songs just hit you that way. That is the way I feel about Last Worthless Evening. There is nothing really wrong with it, it just isn't a favorite.
    Isn't it amazing how all of us feel so differently about songs? Last Worthless Evening is probably in my top 5 of favorite Henley songs. It just makes me melt!