Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Henley Song Survivor: Actual Miles

I cast my vote for You Don't Know Me at All.

Sorry guys, it's a great song, but look what it's up against!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I cast my vote for I Will Not Go Quietly. The beginning of the song just makes me want to hit skip. If I manage to get through that, I like the rest of the song. I especially like the line

"I want to wrap my lovin' arms
    around the small of your back, yeah
    and pull you, pull you, pull you
    pull you right up close to me
    Yeah!"

Yeah! That's ok with me, Don!

But, still.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I cast my vote for I Will Not Go Quietly, aaain.

I cast my vote for You Don't Know Me At All

(runs and hides)

I am online most of the day while I am at my computer working, but these rounds always seem to close out at night when I am offline and with my family . So, I never seem to be around to answer the immunity question and so I can get Everybody Knows the hell out of Dodge!

The last question is particularly funny, because my daughter Rachel--my liberal college freshman who loves Don for his music and his politics--was playing this CD the last time she was home from college and suddenly looked at the picture on the front and said, "Oh my God, Mom, I just realized that is Don! It doesn't look anything like him!" To which I replied, "Thank goodness."

Anyway, back to the business at hand.

I cast my vote for Not Enough Love in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I am online most of the day while I am at my computer working, but these rounds always seem to close out at night when I am offline and with my family . So, I never seem to be around to answer the immunity question and so I can get Everybody Knows the hell out of Dodge!

The last question is particularly funny, because my daughter Rachel--my liberal college freshman who loves Don for his music and his politics--was playing this CD the last time she was home from college and suddenly looked at the picture on the front and said, "Oh my God, Mom, I just realized that is Don! It doesn't look anything like him!" To which I replied, "Thank goodness."
    lol! Cute story! I heard some people actually thought that was a serious "new look" for him back in 1995. These people were not the sharpest tools in the shed.

And rounds end at 8:00 Eastern time every other day. That's how it goes... everybody knows.

Where's the wet noodle for yours and Dreamer's votes for NELITW? That is a gorgeous song! I love the way he sings "I was either standing in your shadow, or blocking your light - and though I kept on trying, I could not make it right." Sigh. One of my top 10 Henley solo songs.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts

And rounds end at 8:00 Eastern time every other day. That's how it goes... everybody knows. .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do seem to remember that the ending time of some of the other Survivor rounds moved around a little bit--it wasn't ALWAYS at exactly the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Where's the wet noodle for yours and Dreamer's votes for NELITW? That is a gorgeous song! One of my top 10 Henley solo songs.
    I know--I like that song a lot, but not QUITE as much as the other songs that I'm not ready to vote off yet!

I knew the answer to the last immunity question, but am chronologically challenged!

I love these Song Survivor challenges. It gives me a chance to put an original album back into my car and listen to it properly again. Actual Miles rates very highly with me. Don has indeed chosen a very representative selection of his best works here.

Tough decision here. I think I'll have to go for

Not Enough Love In The World

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Sometimes I llke Not Enough Love In The World. Sometimes I find it irritating. It is nowhere near my list of 'real' favourite Don songs.

So I cast my vote for Not Enough Love In The World.

And rules are rules, but Everybody Knows to me is Leonard Cohen, not Don. I think Leonard Cohen, like Randy Newman, is the best person to interpret his own songs, regardless of what people think of his singing voice. Don does a good job with it but in my opinion it isn't really representative of his solo work. That is my pesonal observation only.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    And rules are rules, but Everybody Knows to me is Leonard Cohen, not Don. I think Leonard Cohen, like Randy Newman, is the best person to interpret his own songs, regardless of what people think of his singing voice. Don does a good job with it but in my opinion it isn't really representative of his solo work. That is my opinion only.
    I completely agree, FP.