Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Henley Song Survivor: Actual Miles

I know this is all for fun, but I did wait until just before 10:00 to post my last answer. I can't believe I'm the only one on the board between 8:00 and 10:00. That just happens to be the time when I'm usually on the computer. If the deadline were during the day than other people would have the advantage because I don't post from work (I might sneak peeks and read posts though ) And besides, no matter which songs we make immune, I think we all know which two or three songs are going to end up as contenders for the Survivor title. I keep picking Everybody Knows because I like that song better than New York Minute and I Will Not Go Quietly and I just kept hoping that they'd be voted off early. So far, that hasn't happened, so my strategy isn't working. I'm really surprised that those two have been hanging on longer than Sunset Grill and All She Wants to Do is Dance did. I do have to admit, it has been interesting seeing you guys toil over your decisions! And, who knows, I just might not be around tomorrow between 8:00 and 10:00 to answer the next question - HINT! HINT!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

You don't need to apologize, Katherine. People have different ideas about what is best and yours is just as valid as anyone else's.

And you're right, from what I can tell, you were not the only one signed in between 8:00 and 10:00 that night. It was nice of you to wait and give other people a chance, but if no one takes that chance, what are you supposed to do?

Thanks for participating in this game. Without you, no one would have answered these immunity questions so far, apparently. And that would have sucked.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks, Soda. I've enjoyed playing along. I hope people don't think I was taking offense to any of the posts, but I did want to chime in with my two cents.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Katherine, I was just playing around--I hope you didn't take offense to my posts, either. Believe me, I am thrilled to have another fan on the boards who is as passionate about Don as I am!

And thanks for the hint but I won't be online tomorrow night either. As a bit of explanation, I am married and my long-suffering husband puts up with about as much Don-adoration as he can stand, so when the family is home together at night, I try to stay away from the computer as much as possible, in the interest of family harmony.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

As the saying goes... first come, first served.
    I must admit I didn't know the answers of the immunity questions yet.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Katherine - I totally agree with Soda and thank you for attempting to answer the immunity questions. It was very nice of you to wait and give others a chance to answer. It is also the right of anyone else not to participate. However, those who don't participate shouldn't be upset with the results. I know the time may not be convenient for some, but, of course, there is no way we can pick a time that is convenient for everyone since we are spread out across the globe. As far as being afraid of answering the questions incorrectly, no one needs to be embarrassed if they don't know the answer. It's just a game, and you can take a guess. Even if it's not right, there is no harm done. Another hint - you can probably find the answer to most of the questions somewhere on DHO.

Now, I guess I need to vote. I don't like to vote this early, but I probably won't be available tonight either. I need to secure the fate of the song I've been voting for all along. Therefore ...

I cast my vote for Not Enough Love In the World.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I was online when the question was asked. I was going to answer 'used car salesman' but I was unsure if I was right, so I didn't. It isn't that I didn't want to participate. I didn't know the answers to the previous questions.

I can't help thinking perhaps it would be more intereesting if a song could only be immune once. Just a suggestion.

Default Results for Round 4 - No More Not Enough Love in the World

I'm so sorry for the delay guys. I've been feeling badly, laid down for a while.... and fell asleep! I've just now gotten up.

The fourth song to be eliminated from Actual Miles Survivor is Not Enough Love in the World. “Not Enough Love in the World,” time to get off of this merry-go-round. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
    Not Enough Love in the World – 4
    You Don’t Know Me at All – 2
    I Will Not Go Quietly – 2
    New York Minute – 1

Vote Breakdown
    Not Enough Love in the World – DonFan
    Not Enough Love in the World – glenneaglesfan
    Not Enough Love in the World – Freypower
    Not Enough Love in the World – Ive always been a dreamer
    You Don’t Know Me at All – SodaScouts
    You Don’t Know Me at All – Maleah
    I Will Not Go Quietly – Brooke
    I Will Not Go Quietly – EasyFeeling
    New York Minute – katherine5832

Songs eliminated:
    The Garden of Allah 2/17
    Sunset Grill 2/19
    All She Wants to Do Is Dance 2/21
    Not Enough Love in the World 2/23

Songs remaining:
    Dirty Laundry
    The Boys of Summer
    The End of the Innocence
    The Last Worthless Evening
    New York Minute
    I Will Not Go Quietly
    The Heart of the Matter
    You Don't Know Me at All
    Everybody Knows

Voting for round 5 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which of the songs on Actual Miles have been performed by the Eagles at some point in concert?

PLEASE INCLUDE BOTH YOUR ANSWER AND THE SONG YOU WISH TO BE IMMUNE

Let's see--the Eagles have performed Dirty Laundry, Boys of Summer, Sunset Grill, All She Wants to Do is Dance, New York Minute, and Heart of the Matter. They may have performed End of the Innocence at some time as well.

If I am right, I would like I will Not Go Quietly to be immune.

Are you including EOTI as part of your answer DF? Sorry, I'm a bit confused!