Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

I bought a copy of your book last night, pippin. There is no doubt that Cole is based on our Sugar. From your descriptions, sounds like he looks like Glenn did somewhere around the mid-80's to mid-90's. Is that what you envisioned when describing him? I haven't read but a few chapters, but you have sure piqued my interest. I've got a busy schedule right now, so I don't know when I'll get a chance to read all of it, but I'll get back to you on this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

@Dreamer -- Thank you so much! Yep, I was thinking about a specific shot from HFO. Here's my Pinterest page if you'd like to take a look at some of my inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/catchick37...of-our-hearts/

I know it's a hefty book, so read it when you can, and I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Ha! I can answer your questions, but I won't... 'Cause I'm just mean that way. But My My, you cracked me up with this: "I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!" Made me laugh, because I know what Pippinwhite refers to. (And I keep trying to figure out what my name here would be if I used the same criteria.) But, I will allow Pippinwhite to answer.

I think y'all will like the novel. It's kinda tailored to this audience. I've read it completely through at least twice. (The last time I was reading it for a purpose.) But parts of it more than that.

BUT, My My if you get your autographed copy before I get mine... huh uh!

takeiteasy, I would love to read your stories, too!

And I would still love to read FP's story about The Vultures.

And that framed album is awesome, Dreamer! I did check out the other memorabilia thread you posted. Cost me money, though, because I ended up buying a couple of magnets (yes! those magnets are still available on eBay!)
    CAinOH, thank you for your interest in my stories. I'd really like to send you at least one for reading, but I'm afraid my English is not good enough to translate them. All I can tell you is that there are three love stories: "Glenn" is the title of one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by takeiteasy View Post
    CAinOH, thank you for your interest in my stories. I'd really like to send you at least one for reading, but I'm afraid my English is not good enough to translate them. All I can tell you is that there are three love stories: "Glenn" is the title of one of them.
    Sounds interesting. But I am not a translator... If things change, I'm still open to reading any one of the three stories.

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

Got this Bad Boy not long ago. Greatest hits vol. 1 font with the coloring from the track list on the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along

Wow, a real "Eaglesesque" masterpiece. Yes, I think you caught the idea of the thread...

Good choice on the coloring. It looks lovely.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @Dreamer -- Thank you so much! Yep, I was thinking about a specific shot from HFO. Here's my Pinterest page if you'd like to take a look at some of my inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/catchick37...of-our-hearts/

I know it's a hefty book, so read it when you can, and I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Hugs!
    I've been away from the board for a while and totally missed this...Pippin, congratulations on your book, that's amazing! I'll have to check it out!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awesome tattoo, jcl89.

And pippin - I finished your book several weeks ago, but forgot to come back here to let you know. I enjoyed it and the image of Glenn was indelible in my brain the whole time I was reading it. Very cool and thanks for letting us know about it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016