Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

Default "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

This new thread could allow us to share our handicraft inspired by the band: collages, paintings, drawings etc.
    I think that it could be a good idea to post pictures of our little "masterpieces"
    It's up to you!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

tie - we have an old thread called 'Eagles Memorabilia' that kinda covers this topic, although you may have something different in mind. It has some really cool posts in there so I would encourage anyone who hasn't visited it to follow the link and check it out. Anyway, I'll sort of repeat one of my post from that thread. I'm not an artistic person so I don't know if this qualifies as a 'masterpiece' or not, but it is one of my most prized pieces of Eagles memorabilia. I was lucky enough to get the signed album in an auction, and then I had to decide what to do with it. I figured I should have it framed and matted. I created the design and decided to combine the album with the cover of the program from my very first Eagles concert. I thought I would represent the 30-year (at the time) career of the band, plus the colors worked. Having it framed was an event all to itself because I would not leave the album with the store until they were ready to actually mount it. Therefore, every time they had to measure or center the album, they would have to call me to bring it to them. I spent hours going back and forth, choosing the framing, matting, and arrangement. It was worth every minute and penny though, and they ended up doing a beautiful job.

One other funny little anecdote about it - my home office is a rather 'interesting' room with a collection of family heirlooms. However, it has also somehow evolved into a paradoxical Eagles/Glenn shrine. I had no choice but to hang the framed HC album right over my deceased, big band music-loving grandmother's formal Victorian sofa. The first time my niece saw this, she just shockingly shook her head and proclaimed "That's just wrong!" I prefer to call if eclectic.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks Dreamer, I'll check out the thread. There will be some cool stuff , that's for sure.
    I have a collage and three short stories that have to do with Eagles but they're top-secret

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer - I love the album and framing - it looks amazing.

Wellllll, since this thread is here, and I'm here, I'll go ahead and post this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRKDQTD

It's my first published book, and the hero bears a striking resemblance to someone we call Sugar here on the board! (You all know me. You KNOW who it is!) Obviously, we're not talking exact copy as far as personality and all are concerned, but a couple of folks on this board have read it in an earlier incarnation on fictionPress and liked it.

I will not pester anyone with it. I'll only say you get a LOT of reading time for your money! And there's a "Look inside" feature so you can preview it and see if you like it.

My website is also on my profile, now. Take a look, if you like.

Pippin, I read a portion of the sample of your book, sounds great! It's on my list. I can just picture the male character, sounds dreamy....

@ETG: Thank you for checking it out! I really do appreciate it!
    (Hope you enjoy reading it all!)

Very cool, Pippin! I bought a copy. It sounds like just my kind of book!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

@Soda -- Thanks SO much! I really hope you enjoy it! If you do, please leave a review on Amazon. They do help increase visibility. THANK YOU again!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I figured I should have it framed and matted. I created the design and decided to combine the album with the cover of the program from my very first Eagles concert. I thought I would represent the 30-year (at the time) career of the band, plus the colors worked. Having it framed was an event all to itself because I would not leave the album with the store until they were ready to actually mount it. Therefore, every time they had to measure or center the album, they would have to call me to bring it to them. I spent hours going back and forth, choosing the framing, matting, and arrangement. It was worth every minute and penny though, and they ended up doing a beautiful job.

One other funny little anecdote about it - my home office is a rather 'interesting' room with a collection of family heirlooms. However, it has also somehow evolved into a paradoxical Eagles/Glenn shrine. I had no choice but to hang the framed HC album right over my deceased, big band music-loving grandmother's formal Victorian sofa. The first time my niece saw this, she just shockingly shook her head and proclaimed "That's just wrong!" I prefer to call if eclectic.

That is beautiful dreamer. And takes pride of place. After Glenn died I got his solo albums framed and did an Eagles montage with some VIP memorabilia and photos that I had taken myself which I mounted on my kitchen wall. I was lucky a guy I know who frames stuff 'owed me a favour' and did the lot for free. I have all of this hung in my kitchen. I'm at work so cant post a pic but will do so later when I get home.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP