Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
Def Leppard, to me, would be called heavy metal....not rock. I agree with Walsh....the RRHOF is a joke, plain & simple. The people they induct aren't what one would term "rock & roll", IMO. Yeah, I know times change and you have to change with them as an artist but....rock & roll, to me, are guys like Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, etc. - not the kind of artists that are in there today. Yes, I know that Elvis got in there on the first ballot of artists way back in the late 50s but....since then, it's gone all downhill from there.
Metal is such a blurred genre IMO, TT. Thereare so many types now.

To me, they aren't heavy metal, like Metallica or Megadeth. There's thrash metal, death metal, hair metal, heavy metal, progressive metal, ugh! There is different types of rock too but nowhere near as confusing.

Some types of metal I love, and some types I think the lead singer should audition for Jim Henson and get on Sesame Street and to do the voiceovers for the Cookie Monster. lol

I LOVE hair/glam metal. As I said before, I like that stuff. And it deserves to be in the RnRHoF, I'm sorry.

Give me Motley Crue, RATT, Poison, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Great White, Kix, Winger, Whitesnake, Slaughter, Warrant, Tesla, Cinderella, Skid Row, Twisted Sister, FireHouse, etc any day before some boring deep Dylanesque philosophical song. As I've said on this board many times, I'm not a lyrics guy. I'm a guitar first, groove first guy. I like fun songs. And I tend to like rock n' roll with loud guitars, haha. And bombastic concerts with gimmicks and crazy light shows and lifts and all of that. I love KISS for that reason too. The Eagles are one of the tamer bands I actually listen to. I'm definitely not into real thought provoking lyrics.