Dear L.A. Dodgers Fans,

I would like to express my heartfelt sympathy that after so many years of no World Series – you have finally gotten so close that you can almost taste it.

But, alas, we all know the Dodgers will end up choking before they get anywhere near enjoying an actual taste of success against the mighty-mighty Bah-Stun Red Sox.

So, as someone who has “suffered” having to endure celebration after celebration from what feels like a never-ending win of Bah-stun sports championship wins from the Red Sox – to the Bah-stun Bruins – to the Bah-stun Celtics – to the New England Patriots – let me offer a little friendly advice on how L.A. fans should prepare themselves for the game in L.A:

• As you’re sitting in hours of endless bumper-to-bumper traffic on your way to the stadium – because you don’t have a nice subway system like Bah-stun does to get you in & out of sporting events easily – just hop out of your car for a few minutes in the middle of traffic, visit a local hardware store and pick-up a broom to bring with you to the game.

• Then study the video below, so you’ll know the words to sing along at the end of the game when Bah-stun fans will be celebrating “sweeping” the Dodgers out of their own stadium as Boston fans sing about the sweet-sweet taste of that Dirty Water, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfjkNutSe3U

Of course, I am just joking with you – as even though I am a Boston-bred girl through & through – I’m really not a huge sports fanatic -- and I find the Jimmy Kimmel video asking fans on the streets of NY to congratulate the Red Sox one of the funniest videos I’ve ever seen. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X97anu9bbt4

I’m torn on who I want to see win this Series, because my husband grew-up in L.A. loving the Dodgers – but he came to love the Boston sports teams – and he treats my Dad as the father he never had – and Lord knows, my father loves his Boston sports teams – but I think Matt is secretly going to be cheering for his Dodgers.

In any case, I’ll be happy to be at home with our newborn, while our soon-to-be 4-year-old son gets to enjoy the experience of sitting between his dad and grandfather at a World Series game in Boston – and regardless of who actually wins the series -- I know it will be a memory our son will cherish for the rest of his life.