Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quotes!

Out on the Border

Default Yearbook Quotes!

Hi everyone! I posted this before the forum went down (and I think my account got purged so I made a new one), but I'm looking for senior quotes and was wondering if anyone had suggestions! Lyrics, interview quotes, quotes from on-stage moments, "Random Victims Part 3"-type nonsense that Szymczyk picked up during recording sessions, honestly anything.

I don't know whether to be sentimental, funny, or sly -- right now I'm stuck between "all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools" (long road out of eden) or "be part of something good, leave something good behind" (it's your world now).

If anyone has other suggestions (I think soda gave me a few good ones last time *wink wink*) please let me know! (if there's also good lyrics from solo songs, those work too!) thanks a million!

[edit]: adjusted title to possibly get more replies
    Last edited by captainnemo; 11-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Default Re: Quotes!

I'm so sorry your thread got deleted! We lost about six weeks' worth of posts and yes, any members who joined during that time also got lost, unfortunately. I'm so glad you rejoined!

Did I give you good ones? Shoot, I've forgotten what I said! Hmm.... Oh, wait I think I remember one...

"Whatever time may take away, it cannot change the way we feel today." - Part of Me, Part of You by Glenn Frey

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by captainnemo View Post
    Hi everyone! I posted this before the forum went down (and I think my account got purged so I made a new one), but I'm looking for senior quotes and was wondering if anyone had suggestions! Lyrics, interview quotes, quotes from on-stage moments, "Random Victims Part 3"-type nonsense that Szymczyk picked up during recording sessions, honestly anything.

I don't know whether to be sentimental, funny, or sly -- right now I'm stuck between "all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools" (long road out of eden) or "be part of something good, leave something good behind" (it's your world now).

If anyone has other suggestions (I think soda gave me a few good ones last time *wink wink*) please let me know! (if there's also good lyrics from solo songs, those work too!) thanks a million!

Hi Captainnemo, I just went through some threads because I had remembered reading a "quote" thread years ago. Well, I found it on page 39 under the Eagles titled "Your Favorite Quotes". It has a bunch of them that I think you might like.

Out on the Border

Thanks to you both! I just realized I could search for "quotes" in the forum so I'm going through all the relevant posts about quotes... thanks for your suggestion NKIT! I found one on that thread of Joe saying (well, what I assume he was saying, I think the poster typed it in wrong... but maybe not!) "your parents played this song when you were a baby and that's why you're so weird now" XD
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 11-03-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks to you both! I just realized I could search for "quotes" in the forum so I'm going through all the relevant posts about quotes... thanks for your suggestion NKIT! I found one on that thread of Joe saying (well, what I assume he was saying, I think the poster typed it in wrong... but maybe not!) "your parents played this song when you were a baby and that's why you're so weird now" XD
    lol! Well, keep us updated. I for one am curious as to what you pick.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - that quote from Joe is a variation of one of his intros to 'Life's Been Good'. Another one he uses is something like 'If I had have known I'd still be playing this song, I would have wrote something different'.

I agree with NKIT that you may want to check out that other 'quotes' thread that she mentioned. It's a fun read. Here is the link ...

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ghlight=quotes

And here's a quote from Already Gone that I like because I think it have lots of interpretations -'When you look up in the sky, you can see the stars, but still not see the light'.

ETA - nemo if you look at your last post, it appears that I edited it. Just wanted to let you know that I didn't change anything - I just made an error and clicked the edit button instead of the quote button when I was typing this post, so I had to go back and correct it. Sorry - my bad!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Here's one of my favorites which I might use:

"We wanted to become a band for our time. But sometimes, if you do a good enough job, you become a band for all-time." -Glenn Frey

sadly this is 28 words total... our quote limit is 25... I want to keep Glenn's name but I don't know how else to cut it so it fits!

Here's one of my favorites which I might use:

"We wanted to become a band for our time. But sometimes, if you do a good enough job, you become a band for all-time." -Glenn Frey

sadly this is 28 words total... our quote limit is 25... I want to keep Glenn's name but I don't know how else to cut it so it fits!
    I count 26. "All-time" should be counted as one word. But I don't know how the dash is counted. So, (IMHO) it looks like you only need to lose one word.

"We wanted to become a band for our time… Sometimes, if you do a good enough job, you become a band for all-time." ~ Glenn Frey

Twenty-five words exactly (by my count). Like I said, though, punctuation may count toward a word or two.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I count 26. "All-time" should be counted as one word. But I don't know how the dash is counted. So, (IMHO) it looks like you only need to lose one word.

"We wanted to become a band for our time… Sometimes, if you do a good enough job, you become a band for all-time." ~ Glenn Frey

Twenty-five words exactly (by my count). Like I said, though, punctuation may count toward a word or two.

Lifesaver!!! Now this quote is REALLY in the running! (Unfortunately Netflix stopped streaming HOTE so I can't verify if those are Glenn's exact words, but I assume everyone else here can)

According to QuoteFancy.com, the quote is:

“We set out to become a band for our time. But sometimes if you do a good-enough job, you become a band for all time.” — Glenn Frey

Now that is 27 words. But, again, with a bit of creative wordsmithing (don't look, soda!)...

"We set out to become a band for our time… Sometimes if you do a good-enough job, you become a band for all-time." ~ Glenn Frey

That is 25 words. (I verified the original quotes on a couple of sites...)