Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy 70th birthday Glenn

Default Re: Happy 70th birthday Glenn

Happy birthday, Glenn. Thank you for the music and enriching my and so many lives.

I can't promise "no tears allowed" either....gone far too soon

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    BTW, my apologies to all my 70+ members if I just made you feel ancient. I just mean in terms of NUMBERS - as I said, in IMPORTANT ways, it's not about that. There are 70 year olds who are younger than a lot of 60 year olds I know in all the meaningful ways.
    It's all a matter of how you feel and one's state of mind.
    Two years ago when my beautiful sister, Christina, turned 70, she came to visit and we took her out to hear a local rock band.
    She was out on the dance floor for every song, rockin' & rollin' and keeping up with the best of us. In contrast, another friend of mine, who was also 70, danced to the slow songs, sat at the table most of the night talking about how old he was.
    I'd like to think that Glenn would be more like my sister. Celebrating every year and still rockin' & rollin'. <3

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy 70th Birthday to Glenn Lewis Frey. Thank you for the many years of great music. Here's my favorite picture of Glenn.

I love this photo too shun!!

Happy Heavenly Birthday Glenn!! Thanks for the music and the lovely pictures!

Happy birthday, Glenn. One of my music men who gave me so much, just because he shared his talents with the world.

Happy Belated 70th Birthday Glenn.

Oh how I wished I had been more of a fan of you while you were alive and I would have loved to meet you to tell you how much the music you helped create affected me. The Ultimate Eagle IMO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Glenn Frey was and always will be in a league all his own. A tremendous talent and remarkable human being who gave his all to creating music and entertaining others. He was also a warrior who faced the challenge of a serious auto-immune disorder with courage and grace. Glenn left this world much too soon and will be forever missed.

Last edited by Dawn; 11-08-2018 at 11:02 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Glenn Frey was and always will be in a league all his own. A tremendous talent and remarkable human being who gave his all to creating music and entertaining others. He was also a warrior who faced the challenge of a serious auto-immune disorder with courage and grace. Glenn left this world much too soon and will be forever missed.

I totally agree.
    Very good picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    I just want to send a little love straight from my heart to anyone who is feeling grief at this time. I won't pretend that I knew too much about Mr. Frey, or pretend to have been a huge fan of the Eagles, but I do know how a song can sneak up on you and play a big role in putting a place-holder on your heart to a special memory in your own life.

For me, it's Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight." Oh man, that song just kills me. It was my grandparents' favorite song, and I remember how at all the special family occasions both my parents and grandparents would always hit the dance floor to dance to that song. And when my grandfather was sick in bed in his last days on this earth 5 years ago,he would call out for my grandmother to put the song on and tell her to come on over to his bedside, and he'd hold her hand, and she'd dance a little around and he'd sing the song as best as he could to her. I can still see them dancing to the song at our wedding we held in our yard about 6 years ago -- and he died about a year later -- so I know how a song can capture your heart. We've been at a few family events since my grandfather's passing, and when that song has been played, I fall even more in love with my husband, as he doesn't skip a beat of being one of the first men out of their chairs and he extends his hand out for my grandmother to dance with him.

What originally brought me to this board earlier this year was not only to learn a little about a band my husband and I were planning to see last summer, but I came across a tidbit of info that Glenn Frey & my husband not only look so much alike, but they share the same birth date; although my husband only turned 32 yesterday, and our son turned 4 two days earlier on Nov. 4. I don't know too much about astrology, so I was interested to learn info about Glenn Frey to see if they shared any common traits -- but from what I've read about Mr. Frey on this forum -- I don't think they have too much in common.

I know I had mentioned before that my husband worked his way through college performing in a band with his brothers in clubs all around NYC -- but I don't know if I ever mentioned that Glenn Frey happened to be at a couple of their shows, and they happened to talk before or after those shows. I know one of the shows was for a fundraising benefit that Mr. Frey attended.

But one thing it appears they both share in common is that I couldn't have asked for a better husband, who always has my back -- and he is a phenomenal father -- and it sounds like Mr. Frey was a wonderful husband and father, as well.

But one thing Matt and I discovered early on is that we have very different interior design styles. Matt is a phenomenal architect, who took a little rundown house we bought when we first got married and designed our absolute dream home, which he also built, along with help from his brothers, my father and my grandfather. But when we went to pick out furniture -- we had complete opposite tastes. I loved light, cotton fabrics -- and he liked dark leather furniture. He allowed me to have free reign of picking out all the furniture.

So for his birthday yesterday I surprised him with replacing one of our living room sofas with a leather sofa. Even though it definitely changes the style of our living room a lot -- just to see how happy it makes him is worth it. This is the sofa that is sitting in my living room right now and my husband and son are cuddled up it watching Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown old repeat shows On Demand:
    https://www.clubfurniture.com/produc...e-leather-sofa

I know many of you are still feeling grief today -- but take-in all the love around you.
    Hi Carolyn! What a coincidence! My son turned 16 on Nov. 4. So our sons are Scorpio. They are sensitive, intuitive and charismatic.
    Some traits that my teenager shares with Glenn Frey: he's left-handed, he plays the piano and he is a bit arrogant too!

One thing I noticed when I read about the Eagles for the first time was that half of them were Scorpio: Frey, Walsh and Schmit or signs of Water: Leadon (Cancer) and Meisner (Pisces). Emotional tension guaranteed! Well...Henley (Leo) added passion and Felder (Virgo) stability

Quote Originally Posted by takeiteasy View Post
    ... Felder (Virgo) stability
    That head scratching emoji is a good addition for that statement! LOL!