Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy is Richie Furay's Special Guest

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Randy is Richie Furay's Special Guest

How cool is that! Randy AND Timothy there!!!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

My favorite photo is Randy, Richie and Tim sitting on the couch. It’s on Richie Furay’s FB page (not Richie Furay Music).

There’s a new film clip promoting Richie’s Kickstarter campaign. Randy appears and speaks about Poco’s early shows at the Troubadour at around 3 minutes in, but I cannot get the clip to play past the first few seconds; it freezes up. Gahh! See if you have better luck than me. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...dour-deliverin

A friend who saw it reports that Randy’s voice is very shaky, poor lamb. He talks about Jim Messina bringing his dog onstage. Still the animal lover. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    There’s a new film clip promoting Richie’s Kickstarter campaign. Randy appears and speaks about Poco’s early shows at the Troubadour at around 3 minutes in, but I cannot get the clip to play past the first few seconds; it freezes up. Gahh! See if you have better luck than me. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...dour-deliverin
    I had the same problem when I used Firefox. I switched to another browser- IE - and was able to view it without a problem.

Randy's voice sounds like my granddaddy's used to. I think that just happens to some men as they age - their voice gets that shaky quality.

Didn't expect to see so much Timothy in there, too! I hope they're able to raise the money.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thank you for the tip, Nancy; I'll try it with IE.

In the meantime, here's a still image from the video obtained by someone more tech-savvy than I.

Sorry if that image is overly large. If anyone would advise me on how to cut it down to a proper size, I'll do so.

OK, this is what Randy says in the clip, "Well it's great being here tonight, seeing Richie and the band. Like our first opening night, was just incredible. So many people. I remember Jimmy Messina had his dog come onstage, which was kinda funny."

Finally got to see the clip - several times, woo-hoo!!!

To me, Randy's voice sounds more scratchy than shaky. He met a lot of folks that night, probably not used to talking that much! I hope he's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thanks NMB, it’s wonderful to see and hear present-day Randy. His voice doesn’t sound as shaky as I was expecting and he seems to clearly remember that opening night at The Troubadour.

The kickstarter campaign still has a way to go—only 3% has been raised so far with two months left, yikes!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    His voice doesn’t sound as shaky as I was expecting and he seems to clearly remember that opening night at The Troubadour.
    Yes, and his eyes are clear and shining. Certainly indicates he has his wits about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The kickstarter campaign still has a way to go—only 3% has been raised so far with two months left, yikes!
    Only raised $530, that's dire. I'd like to contribute something. You'd still get a reward, even if the project isn't fully funded, right?